CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Tards,

Trying to start a proper regular rideout rythm here in Brisbane. Every 3 weeks, Saturday rideout at the discretion of the group. I'm looking at the 19th of June at the moment but im yet to confirm, so im flexible on the date at the moment.

I suggest a clone of the wet ride Gus and i did alone [cause the rest of you dorks chickened out] consisting of Mt Mee, over to Peachester, into Maleney then back home with a short detour from Samson to Strathpine via Winn road [with the never-ending right sweeper] then back to the coffee club at Park road for dinner.

ive got a map made in google maps for those that are interested in looking at the physical route.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=105877389890855591109.00048816ad5fa9f9c9b0d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,538 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

I dunno what to say... im scared to ride my bike in bad weather at the moment thats all. I'd rather be a chickenshit than sliding down the road hahaha

But anyways, this sounds like a great plan and im all for regular rideouts again!! :) Until I get some new rubber though I'm just going to have to give any wet rides a miss for now unfortunately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

dont be a pussy James, if i was throwing The Battleship around the hills in the wet the R1 can handle it. at least your bike has real suspension. its not like we would go flat out in the wet or anything anyway, gus and i just ambled along at a light pace. well, light for us anyway...

to clarify, obviously if there are sheets of rain and bulk standing water we have a Plan B for said situations. but light drizzle and damp roads is no reason to not go for a strap. ask the irish boys. if they didnt ride when it was raining they would never ride...

if the weather is way too bad for any real riding, we change the itinery from a ride to something indoors like a going to a pool house, or movies or some other bollocks like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,703 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

mootavic said:
if the weather is way too bad for any real riding
I'm not sure such weather exists. Maybe a hurricane actually tearing up the roads or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

well i was going to provide the only 3 valid piking conditions

Hail

Cyclone [localised on the route]

and maybe armageddon...

but some of us would like to spend our last moments riding...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,538 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

richo said:
mootavic said:
if the weather is way too bad for any real riding
I'm not sure such weather exists. Maybe a hurricane actually tearing up the roads or something?

lennox head had a tornado last night!

moot i see what you mean, i'm just scared of crashing thats all. The lakeside trackday was cancelled due to how bad it was raining so I thought that it must have been pretty heavy. I know it's irrational but yeah I just simply wouldnt have fun if i was shitting myself all the time feeling like I'm gonna crash. I'm not as good a rider as you or gus and i think it just comes down to a lack of confidence on my part.

I will endeavour to come out with you guys next time rain hail or shine but I will be setting a new standard in the meaning of "slow" if its wet :s hahaha

I didnt want to disappoint by not showing last weekend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

Are noobs allowed along? =)

We usually do a Mt Glorious ride every few weeks but I'm keen for something different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,703 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

Merudo said:
richo said:
mootavic said:
if the weather is way too bad for any real riding
I'm not sure such weather exists. Maybe a hurricane actually tearing up the roads or something?

lennox head had a tornado last night!

moot i see what you mean, i'm just scared of crashing thats all. The lakeside trackday was cancelled due to how bad it was raining so I thought that it must have been pretty heavy. I know it's irrational but yeah I just simply wouldnt have fun if i was shitting myself all the time feeling like I'm gonna crash. I'm not as good a rider as you or gus and i think it just comes down to a lack of confidence on my part.

I will endeavour to come out with you guys next time rain hail or shine but I will be setting a new standard in the meaning of "slow" if its wet :s hahaha

I didnt want to disappoint by not showing last weekend
They cancelled a tracky due to rain? Fuck that, I'd be amazingly pissed. There was a little bit of hail the day I stacked at PI and they kept running sessions..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

BriZer said:
Are noobs allowed along? =)

We usually do a Mt Glorious ride every few weeks but I'm keen for something different.
noobs more than welcome, the more the merrier. you won't really be able to get lost or totally left behind on a rideout like this as the lead bikes have to wait at every intersection for the last person before the turn is made and speeding on straights is going to be all but forbidden [as thats usually where the cops wait to ping you] as well as the fact that there is no speeding through the towns and any of us up front will probably be able to slow down on an open road to wait for any less aggressive riders to make their way through the twisty bits.

its also insisted that everyone rides to their own ability. the last thing we wanna be doing is doubling back for crashes and stopping traffic for careflight choppers. i want to make sure that these rideouts are as safe and fine-free as possible to encourage more people to want to come out with us.

James: i think your problem at the moment james is a lack of wet weather confidence. next time its raining lets you and me go for a casual stroll through some corners. once you realise how much grip you really have its quite a relief.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,859 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

I'm working on getting another bike (if I ever find one) and I will be as keen as...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

richo said:
Merudo said:
richo said:
mootavic said:
if the weather is way too bad for any real riding
I'm not sure such weather exists. Maybe a hurricane actually tearing up the roads or something?

lennox head had a tornado last night!

moot i see what you mean, i'm just scared of crashing thats all. The lakeside trackday was cancelled due to how bad it was raining so I thought that it must have been pretty heavy. I know it's irrational but yeah I just simply wouldnt have fun if i was shitting myself all the time feeling like I'm gonna crash. I'm not as good a rider as you or gus and i think it just comes down to a lack of confidence on my part.

I will endeavour to come out with you guys next time rain hail or shine but I will be setting a new standard in the meaning of "slow" if its wet :s hahaha

I didnt want to disappoint by not showing last weekend
They cancelled a tracky due to rain? Fuck that, I'd be amazingly pissed. There was a little bit of hail the day I stacked at PI and they kept running sessions..
Most of the Lakeside circuit has at best 5m of runoff until you'd slam into an armco.. It's a circuit that is extremely dangerous and actually holds Australian records for 'most deaths'.. I rode a tracky there with light rain, but it's when there is water flowing across the circuit and standing puddles that they can it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

Soooo does that mean this is still on??

Are there any other Brissie rides coming up soon?

Use to have a good group to ride with but with ppl getting married and pregnant etc... more and more of the boys seem to be talked into selling up..... lame :lol:[hr]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,384 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

I wish I lived closer to civilisation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,538 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

where abouts are you again hessian?

and yes BriZer the rides will still be on, no doubt!

James: i think your problem at the moment james is a lack of wet weather confidence. next time its raining lets you and me go for a casual stroll through some corners. once you realise how much grip you really have its quite a relief.
absolutely man. I would like that... a ride solely to focus on becoming more confident with the bike moving around would be great, i'd enjoy that a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

Hessian = Luke.. Judging by his bikes..;)

He lives in Bumfucknowhere aka, Townsville. Eye fink..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

yes to the "Is this still on" hence the rain or shine part of the rideout title.

has anyone got any idea how to embed a google map into here? i would love to have the map on the front page for immediate route reference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,384 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

Printscreen and post up ze picture![hr]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,538 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

There would definitely be a google maps plugin for sure, that would be very, very helpful in fact!

A suggestion thread popped up would get it done (just like all the vimeo, youtube tags, a [googlemaps] tag would be wicked )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
RE: BRIS Brisbane Tri-weekly "Rain or Shine" Rideout

Im actually probably going to do that ride this weekend some time but with the missus on the back, so will be taking it very easy.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top