CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I had an oil leak coming from the clutch cover. Drained the oil out and removed the clutch cover to change the gasket. Re-assembled and when I first took her out the clutch was slipping pretty bad however the further I rode, it seemed to slip less and less till it was hardly doing it all. Any ideas why this was happening? Not sure if its relevant but I left the oil in an oil pan with a box on top to stop debris for a few days while I was doing other things. Everything else was assembled correctly as far as I know.

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OE spec 10w40 I think, made sure it was the JASMA approved due to the wet clutch. But the clutch was fine after I changed the oil previously it just started slipping after I removed the cover to fix the oil leak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't remember removing a washer is the only thing. Just the little metal rod that pushes into the clutch plate but that was replaced correctly I thought. Could it be a simple clutch adjustment? I took her out for a ride today and the slipping clutch was there when the engine was cold but almost non existent once the oil warmed up. Pulling my hair out on this one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Adjust free play on the clutch lever.
Is there a little ball-bearing which is at the end of the metal rod? Dirtbikes I've seen have this and if you don't put the ballbearing back it doesn't work properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts