CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike is a 1988 CBR250r
So basicly I've done everything to check why my cbr isnt starting and i checked the wire outlets for the fuel pump and they are good so that leaves me with the conclusion that the fuel pump's days are over. Ive had a look around for a new fuel pump and apparently they are a weird design and are hard to find. But i did find that honda sells them for way much then Iam wanting to spend ($300 if your wondering). So I had a look on the trusty ebay and found that I can order one from the UK and it was only $60 (I live in Auzzie land if your wondering). So I was wondering if I need to spend the 300 or if the 60 dollar one is fine.
Thanks if you can help me out!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure exactly which fuel pump the 1988 CBR250R uses, but if it's like the later Mitsubishi fuel pumps used on the VFR750F and Africa Twin, there is a Dutch guy on ADV Rider who sells a €40 optical replacement kit for the pump contacts (which often seem to wear out/become pitted). He designed the kit for a KTM, but it appears to work on certain Hondas as well. I bought one for my '93 VFR750, and although I have not yet tested it, it seems to fit perfectly.

Ciao,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts