CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the screws out of the tap everything looked ok exept the lever keeps getting stuck after sprayin it with carb cleaner i sucked on the vaccum hose and watched the fuel pour out of the main hose and in the off position it was still coming out but nothing like when it was turned to res got my brother whos a mechanic by trade coming on the weekend to have a look

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yup, looks like you found one problem. Good job! :)

Other issue is that carb float-valves aren't sealing. Otherwise, they would've cut off petrol from rising too high and dribbling out carb-throats.

I recommend full-carb restoration.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ive got the tank off the bike petcock is off but fuel is slowly dripping out making a puddle i think thats my problem
you can replace the diaphragm or the whole tap, I prefer to put an electric shutoff valve like on an LPG conversion, I out one on all of my old shitters, any rust in the tank, old vac tap the electric shutoff still cuts it cleanly..
One of the problems with weepy tap is that it can overflow the carbs intot he cylinders, then weep past into your oil, check that your oil level hasn't gone up, as it will run really rich, soot up plugs, and thin oil will damage crank.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, looks like you found one problem. Good job! :)

Other issue is that carb float-valves aren't sealing. Otherwise, they would've cut off petrol from rising too high and dribbling out carb-throats.

I recommend full-carb restoration.
Is that a
you can replace the diaphragm or the whole tap, I prefer to put an electric shutoff valve like on an LPG conversion, I out one on all of my old shitters, any rust in the tank, old vac tap the electric shutoff still cuts it cleanly..
One of the problems with weepy tap is that it can overflow the carbs intot he cylinders, then weep past into your oil, check that your oil level hasn't gone up, as it will run really rich, soot up plugs, and thin oil will damage crank.
Cheers man i got a new tap coming today and just got oil and filter with o rings ill do all that before i run it again hopefully shes sweet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts