CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm looking at buying a 1992 CBR250rr,
and since it will be mainly used for transport to uni, which is about 60km every day,
I was wondering how well it will hold up, based on past experiences?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Make sure it has a fuel filter. Those kinds of kays will filth up your carbs quick smart if you dont have an adequate filter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey all,
I'm looking at buying a 1992 CBR250rr,
and since it will be mainly used for transport to uni, which is about 60km every day,
I was wondering how well it will hold up, based on past experiences?
Took mine for a run on the freeway on the weekend. First time. Gets along at speed with no troubles at all. Exhaust reverberates at around 90kmh though and pretty noisy. It's actually better at 110. You do get a bit sore after awhile, although I haven't done a lot of long rides.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Spent the last year commuting to college on my '89 MC19. 90km round trip, mostly highway, every day come sun, rain, or freezing fog. Bike never missed a beat.

Give the bike a good service and keep on top of maintenance and it shouldn't let you down.

·
Registered
9,697 Posts
That's a very similar distance that I used to travel on my route into Dublin which included low speed and motorway riding.
Did it for 3 years albeit on two different machines but neither ever gave out, tried to bump start it with the kill switch on in the city centre one time though and one time only!
cracking little commuter if maintained well

·
Registered
120 Posts
Been my daily commute to work about 25-30KM everyday since the start of Jan. if you service it regularly and all the other checks (Lube chain, check tension etc etc) you'll be fine. Awesome on the mway as well koz your usually sitting right in the power band which can get you out of some situations if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts