CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Been searching around, and the only thing I could find even from google is the post in the forum about a 26mm clutch socket.

Would that do the trick for the swingarm castle nut? anyone got a good tool site for these sorts of things? The workshop manual I have is for the mc14 by the look of it, and the tools are a bit different, and pictures don't match :-(

Need to get my tools organised for my next weekend home :) otherwise I will not be able to do anything :O

Cheers

·
Registered
861 Posts
I made one out of 1'' square tube. It works but you need to apply lots of pressure directly over the tool because it may slip and scratch the frame.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very inventive man! If I can't find the genuine tool I will do this... but probably out of an old socket.

cheers!

·
Registered
408 Posts
i'm not sure why everyone has such trouble removing the swing arm? Psidey made his own tool out of a pipe, but if i remember when i did it, i just undid the allen key on the other side :S

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hellessey said:
i'm not sure why everyone has such trouble removing the swing arm? Psidey made his own tool out of a pipe, but if i remember when i did it, i just undid the allen key on the other side :S
It's not a problem to remove, and I had a nut on the other side. I just want the official tool instead of having a ghastly looking ground up socket in my tool collection.

·
Registered
408 Posts
roobars said:
Hellessey said:
It's not a problem to remove, and I had a nut on the other side. I just want the official tool instead of having a ghastly looking ground up socket in my tool collection.
ahhhh ok. because i've seen this sort of question quite a few times now, and had me a little freaked out when i went to do it, but then just removed that nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts