CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, very new on the bike scene and I've aquired an old Honda that needs putting back together. I've pretty much got a box full of bits and bobs with some random bolts and struggling to figure what goes where.Main issue at the moment is fuel tank bolts, I keep seeing mentions of only one bolt on the handle bar side of the tank however I've got two (see photo) anyone know the bolt spec I need and what the go is with the rubber gromits? The tank isn't fully secured with what I've used currently so I'm pretty sure I've messed up.Secondly (still fuel tank) the signal rear bolt, I can't find anything in my box of random bolts that seem to fit/ be long enough (photo for this also) anyone know the spec for this bolt too?Apologies for wall of text. Cheers, Alex. View attachment 4561 View attachment 4553

·
Registered
104 Posts
From the Japanese part book, the front bolts are 6 x 35 (part #96001 06035 07)
For the back bolt, it is 8 x 40 (part #95700 06040 00)

However, because I don't read Japanese, I can't tell whether there is anything special about the threads.
They all look like hex heads to me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine has random bolts I found in my box of bolts accumulated over the years :D

As long as it fits correctly, is long enough and doesn't impact anything then it doesn't really matter which bolt you use for these non-critical components that don't need to be torqued to a certain spec like head bolts etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's what I ended up doing, all seems to be holding together ok. Probably will need a carb clean and adjustment as she's running a little rough at the moment also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts