CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.hello, im amos, just need help with my cbr that just wont go no matter what, need help or ideas asap so fully charged the battery, replaced oil and filter as it needed.my bike wasnt starting and had okay spark and fuel going threw it so I attempted roll starting jt. I got about 2000 revs in first gear but did not fire. But I tried starting it in neutral and it ran for about 10 seconds oddly enouph. But then died. After that it kept after firing out the exhaust. Quiet loudly and every time it cranked it would afterfire. Turns out my coils and leads were not where they were meant to be. I have that set up now to the right cylinders but it still after fires. after doing multiple attempts It kept after firing and it wasnt running and when it afterfired I swear I saw a flame shoot out the exhaust. It was loud. Could anyone help me resolve my problem? its also just had all 4 carbys serviced and tuned very recently.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tell us where you have now reconnected which coil, which lead, and onto which spark plug.

I believe flames out the rear end are excess fuel from cranking and not firing and you have a lack of spark or lack of spark at the right time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell us where you have now reconnected which coil, which lead, and onto which spark plug.

I believe flames out the rear end are excess fuel from cranking and not firing and you have a lack of spark or lack of spark at the right time.

Yes hello sorry for late reply.
I have connected leads as left coil does cylinders 1&4 and right coil does cylinders 2&3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts