CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I bought my first bike a few weeks ago (CBR250R) so I'm new to motorcycles, but I've been under the hood of my cars for 20+ years. I'm not a mechanic, but I have a decent amount of experience when it comes to starters, alternators, stereos, etc.

So, after hearing horror stories about thieves stealing smaller bikes by just picking them up and putting them in the back of pick-up trucks, I bought an alarm for the bike. It's all hooked up and works great EXCEPT that when I arm the system, only the rear lights flash... the front lights do not. The two wires that I tapped into are right next to the battery. Obviously they go to the rear lights, but the current doesn't seem to get to the front lights. When I turn the key to the ON position, the front lights come on as usual, so there's no fault there.

Has anyone else had this problem hooking up an alarm? Where did you tap into wiring for the left and right lights? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I've already connected it to the orange and light blue wires. The rear lights flash as expected but the front lights do not. The only thing that I can think of is that from where I connect it, the current would flow towards the front of the bike and then stop at the relay and never get to the front lights. But just looking around the internet, I don't see anyone else that mentions that.

Someone else must've come across this issue when hooking up an alarm...?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would guess you'd have to connect to the wires in front of the relay for fronts to work, and then behind relay for rears to work?
ie. make a "Y" from your alarm blinker leads and connect them to the orange/light blue closer to the front of the bike?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about that, but these can't be the only bikes with this wiring setup and I can't find any instructions ANYWHERE that mention doing anything weird to activate the front lights. Other installers seem to just splice into the wires close to the rear lights. This is frustrating... Everything else about this alarm works great but there has to be a simple solution to this...

No one on this site has an alarm on their bike? Really??

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Get a schematic diagram, only then can you be sure where ideal point to connect your alarm to the lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts