CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This morning I went out and bought a $359 socket/spanner/hex key/screwdriver set, as well as some pliers and a long phillips screwdriver. I purchased the O-ring kit from studricho yesterday so should hopefully get that by the end of the week. I also have a rear stand, which I'm not sure will help clean the carbies but just thought I'd add that.

I'm planning on cleaning my carbies this Sunday, or possibly next Monday or Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone would be willing to lend a hand, as I've never done it before. I'm happy to do all the work, it would just be nice if I had someone to briefly guide me through the process.

I'm at Kemps Creek NSW. I'm willing to ride anywhere within about 30 minutes of my house if need be (but then I'd have to use your tools..)

You're probably wanting to know who I am. I'm an 18 year old who is currently at Uni and working on a casual basis and I'm passionate about road bikes. I'm eager to learn about the maintenance and mechanics of bikes, which is one of the reasons I bought an MC22 over a Ninja or other newer bike..

Let me know if you're willing to help this Sunday or Monday-Tuesday, and I'll buy you a case of beer or whatever else you want/need.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Hey mate,
If your wanting to come around to my place I'l guide you through it. I live in edgecliff 2027.
I might as well do mine as I'm about to take them off.
I got everything that's needed except for the carby cleaner.
Any day is fine, im on holidays so a weekday is probably better for me.
Let me know if your interested :)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I'm in Carlingford but might be going to cabramatta on friday to help someone clean carbs "maybe" if not im going joy riding from my suspension

If I'm helping you I'd like you to get yourself some new screws in case I start stripping the old ones, as their soft and very tight in.
MC22CS $6 - 12 zinc plated screws to secure fuel bowls.
MC22ABS $6 - 13 zinc plated screws that secure air box together.
http://cbr250.com/forum/thread-98.html

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey mate. Studricho won't have the screws until next week. Perhaps I'll delay the carby clean for a week, so I can replace the screws as well...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers matt, where are you located?

S

·
0 Posts
Pressure is on me now to get the kit delivered in time? Lol

I did order the screws to day. All 600 of them. I should have them either tomorrow or Thursday. If I get them tomorrow I'll try and post them for Friday.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep the clock is ticking. haha nah if you dont get them tomorrow, I'll just wait until next weekend to clean my carbies :)

Will send the payment for the following now:
MC22CS $6 - 12 zinc plated screws to secure fuel bowls.
MC22ABS $6 - 13 zinc plated screws that secure air box together.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey all,
studricho was kind enough to send the screws today so I should get them tomorrow. So I guess I should make up my mind about who I should choose to help me out. I just remembered I have a family do on this Sunday :( so will have to be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (28th-30th June) because I'm working Thursday-Saturday and planning on going for a mean ride with some mates next Sunday..

If anyone is available on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, can you tell me your location, and if you're willing to come to mine or me go to yours?
And anything else you think I should know.. ie if i need anything else, what donations you would like, any criminal history you may have etc etc..

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm Bondi.. I'm awful with directions so the likelihood of me finding my way to your house is probably equivalent to the likelihood of the pope coming out and saying he's a muslim.. and he likes to eat pork and drink vodka..

Thanks for the offer though mate.
EDIT: On second thoughts, maybe PM me your address. I'll look it up on Google maps.. Might not be too hard to find.. What do you mean by your facilities aren't the best?.. Just not much room?..

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I'm busy from now :D jks... just have to tell me in advance when you wanna come. I got an air compressor if you would like to use that and most of the tools in my garage along with rear stand to make your life easier.

If you really want and we have plenty of time, MCAS is down the road so is Action MC & Bike Biz :D:D (If you need to buy anything.... Carby cleaner?)

I have a speeding history and it doesn't seem I'm the only one :p:p
Training at the city from monday 6.30pm - 2.30am mon - fri.
Carlingford is the location, if not you can join up with oonini at his backyard at cabramatta. I can bring tools but cannot bring stands, air compressors :(

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aj26 said:
I'm busy from now :D jks... just have to tell me in advance when you wanna come. I got an air compressor if you would like to use that and most of the tools in my garage along with rear stand to make your life easier.

I have a speeding history and it doesn't seem I'm the only one :p:p
Training at the city from monday 6.30pm - 2.30am mon - fri.
Carlingford is the location, if not you can join up with oonini at his backyard at cabramatta. I can bring tools but cannot bring stands, air compressors :(
Sounds good man.. Have you cleaned your carbs a few times?.. I have an air compressor, brand new $360 tool set and rear stand but can't bring it either lol :(
Cabra and carlingford aren't too bad.. Monday is probably the best.. What time would suit you?..

What do you use to scrub the parts?.. I can bring a hard brush.. (not wire.. It's like those plastic fibres)

Cheers

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
ummm... probably the morning so i can still do stuff later on, I can meet you somewhere near cabra or liverpool before hand if you want.

just got my licence back after .... suspension so yeh i'm more than keen to go ride instead.

Don't need a wire brush I got a old tooth brush somewhere or you can also bring yours.
I don't have the best tools but hey, I fixed my bike with it and lj.208 did a service with it lol.

Cleaned my carbs and re-jetted at the service day last year with ninexz, then cleaned oonini's carbs last week, re-sealed mines weeks ago.
I gotta admit i know how to do it, but if something goes wrong i'll be sitting there for hours (hardly)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha ok no worries man, well you know alot more than me :)
I only got my bike and I've either been working or it's been raining most days I want to ride so I'm dying for a ride too man lol. And still waiting for my fucking jacket which I ordered from America almost a month ago..

Meeting you somewhere sounds good, then we can ride to your house.. Or my house if you want to use my tools (air compressor, rear stand, sockets. spanners, hex keys, pliers, screwdrivers etc).. Up to you man, doesn't bother me. I'm on 5 acres so plenty of room :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts