CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 2012 cbr 250 has recently started making an off beat loud scratchy click noise when i release the throttle. It is during all decelerations that this happens. It sounds like something is messed up in the engine. Maybe a wrecked clutch? Im not sure about mechanical issues as this is new to me so i would appreciate some potential identifiers of the problem. Also incase i havent made myself clear this isnt the sound of releasing the throttle too quickly. This is a constant off beat unpridictablle clicking noise that is loud and scratchy. This happens when i try to decelerate and get into lower gears thanks

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Vid would help, otherwise "potential identifiers to the problem" are going to be pretty impossible!

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
whats the play on your chain? when you slow down, the slack builds up on the return portion above the front sprocket and makes a god awful racket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check but the play in the chain thanks but im certain this noise is coming from the engine. Also in neutral it sounds pretty aweful now too like it needs to be lubricated but i just changed the oil 2000kms ago is that a problem worth checking?

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Worth checking the level, but I would assume you have done at least that already!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts