CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,

I know it's really early, but some people have plans to change/upgrade/sell over the summer, so I thought I'd test the waters.

If anyone in Sydney wants to sell an R6 in the summer (around October/November), please keep me in mind - I want another one!!

Cheers,
Lauren :)

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
I reckon someone on www.bikesales.com.au is probably looking to offload one :p

seriously though, just go screw some newb on bikesales down on their once pride and joy, massive buyers market ATM! I find people on forums want more than the thing is actually worth!

Get an 06 or newer though for sure, they are such a good bike, so easy to ride and so capable!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heya!

Just so happens I am currently selling one! It's an '06, in excellent condition, blue, only two owner and only 9K on the clock. $10,500. It might not last too long so if you are interested it might be a good idea to organise one of the boys here in Melb to inspect for you. If you want it we can transport it up.

Foxxx[hr]
nightFox said:
Heya!

Just so happens I am currently selling one! It's an '06, in excellent condition, blue, only two owner and only 9K on the clock. $10,500. It might not last too long so if you are interested it might be a good idea to organise one of the boys here in Melb to inspect for you. If you want it we can transport it up.

Foxxx
Forgot to mention the price is flexible!

·
Registered
719 Posts
we are selling this one
http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bikes/private/details.aspx?__Qpb=true&SearchAction=N&__Ntk=BikeAll&PriceFrom=752&__Ntt=r6&R=3206640&seot=1&silo=1400&__Ns=p_PriceSort_Decimal|0||p_Make_String|0||p_Model_String|0&keywords=r6&__D=r6&__sid=1260F8B43787&Cr=6&__N=1432%20604%201428%2080%20502%20%20752&trecs=45&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&YearFrom=502&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode%20matchany

HID, PC, Acro shorty, custom paint, grips, tinted screen, headlight covers, super soft tyres, 7.5k

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
you just need to be realistic about it unfortunately, I had a bike that had been binned and I fixed it and had to sell it for next to nothing because as soon as you were honest about its history (it looked OEM) people run for the hills which I can understand :/ so the good luck comment was not so much me being a smart arse but a serious comment cause I know how hard it is to move a bike with a not so clean history :(

Riding in the rain is a bit different to a crash repair but you'd know that :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
mitch179 said:
$7500 for an 05 that looks like it's been wrecked before? good luck with that :O
not trying to be a cunt and pick a fight here, but how does one come to that conclusion without having seen the bike first? (though i will say that you're probably right anyway )

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Cap'n Commando said:
mitch179 said:
$7500 for an 05 that looks like it's been wrecked before? good luck with that :O
not trying to be a cunt and pick a fight here, but how does one come to that conclusion without having seen the bike first? (though i will say that you're probably right anyway )
Usually a custom paint job, after market screen, exhaust and bars is a fair indication that the bike has been dropped...

Doesn't look like its got aftermarket rear sets on it though, which is a bit strange...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
so there's a formula to spotting a dropped bike, as opposed to, say, someone just customising it?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Cap'n Commando said:
so there's a formula to spotting a dropped bike, as opposed to, say, someone just customising it?
Its pretty rare for anyone to paint a bike without a reason, almost all bikes on the road are in stock colours. Screens aren't usually a big give away though, but also, not a lot of people change clip ons without a reason and if they were actually serious enough about whatever it was that they were doing you'd probably see braided brake lines as well :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.