CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i am looking for some bar end weights since my bike did not come with any.
now there are a lot of types on ebay so im not sure which one to purchase

from what i can see on my clip ons is that the threaded section inside the bar actually potrudes out the bar by 1 or 2mm
now from what i can see, all the ebay bar ends have a smaller diameter shaft which is designed to sit inside the handle.

the suzuki bar ends look like they may work as they only have a very small lip. has anyone tried them?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-Hayabusa-GSXR1300-GSX1300R-BLACK-BAR-END-/120345240613?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c0522a425

so what is everyone doing for bar ends?

thanks

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Get some grips from ebay that have sealed ends. I have found this to be the best way of stopping the throttle grip slowly slipping off and creating slow throttle snap back.

·
Registered
27,301 Posts
I used Blackbird bar ends on my 250....

Just check with your local Honda dealer

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I got some CBR600RR bar ends from Rated R on eBay and just machined down the extra length they have on the inner section. But I haven't seen any that are a direct bolt on to a CBR. Honda might still sell the original units.

Ebay listing here

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Bar ends are usually pretty universal. Just keep the bolts that are in there already and buy whatever ends you want and use your existing bolts to hold the new end in place.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
one of my bar ends fell off the other day... really fucking anoying!!!

/pointless rant

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the replies

i will take a punt and buy some off ebay to try out
they are quite cheap at under 15$ delivered

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
dayeve said:
Bar ends are usually pretty universal. Just keep the bolts that are in there already and buy whatever ends you want and use your existing bolts to hold the new end in place.
one of my barends fell out a few months ago, are these bolts easy to come by?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Try bunnings to get the sizing and a temporary fix.

Probolt are pretty expensive but at least you get what you want.

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
dayeve said:
Try bunnings to get the sizing and a temporary fix.

Probolt are pretty expensive but at least you get what you want.
huh? just get a universal set. not that difficult.

·
Registered
53 Posts
are these bolts easy to come by?
When you know what thread size you want, and the length of the bolt...then hell yes my man. I used hex-headed M6 bolts for the ends on my Aprilia...looked kinda funky actually, what with the silver hex heads on black bar ends and all.

If you aren't sure of sizing, take one down to the hardware store and ask for the same one.

- boingk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys

i have fitted some bar ends from a 98-05 r1
fits fine
all i needed to do was buy some shorter m6 hex head screw as the ones that came with them were too long
also used some loctite so they wouldnt rattle loose.

i got them from here. cheapest i could find $10 delivered :D
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200475078864&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts