CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
stupid question but isnt the starter motor turning the sound you hear when pressing the start button? if so there is no sound when start button is hit, it does turn when shorting the cables on the relay though.
I'm not sure what shorting the cables on the relay means or does, but it sounds like you have found your problem :)

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
also if my spark plugs are now fouled would that affect the starter motor turning over? i may need to replace my spark plugs due to all the times hitting the start button? another note when i took off the carbys to clean there was heaps of fuel/water in them and the cyclinders i had to roll start it a shit load of times to make it spit out. probably something i should of mentioned before
No .. sparks have nothing to do with whether or not the starter motor will .. errr .. start

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
on the starter relay i bypassed the Relay itself and gave power to the starter motor making it turn. Basically put the Positive end of the cable onto the cable leading to the starter motor.
I didn't know that's what you called "shorting" .. but all good.

Repost time - Sounds like you've found your problem though if that works, the relay is shagged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.