CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[align=center]GROUP BUY PAGE
[GROUP BUY] Braided Brake Lines[/align]

I was just thinking because tax refunds are on its way, anyone interested to buy a set of Braided Brake Lines?

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/wezm...mrsQ5A1QQ_sidZ5867581?_nkw=mc22&submit=Search
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Goodridge-Hos...em&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5ad359c371

I just did mines, so 2 weeks to wait...

HEL is selling the lines to us for $133 for 3 line kit & $100 for 2 line kit
Ebay Goodridge 3 line kit for $114.15

Be aware that Goodridge is supplying Zinc plated fittings & HEL is supplying Stainless Steel

G

·
I bought some off him a while back. They are getting made now, so he will send them in 2 weeks, and it will take 2 weeks to get to you.

so one month wait in total.

I can't fault them though. comes with everything you need, made to spec.

Good purchase! Braided lines are the most nitcible mod I did to my bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What about Hel? www.helperformance.com.au

The aussie shop is down, but the UK shop has them for the MC19 and MC22 for 43GBP which works out to be about $86 AUD anyway. And they had them in stock when I ordered them for my GS500 a while ago. I am very happy with the quality of them!

James

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
I'm not soooopar impressed with my HEL lines.. although I'd bolt a set up to a cbr250 happily I guess.

HEL are about the only ADR braids on the market afaik.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm not happy with HEL. My lines fit, but not well. The front ones are a little too short and the rear one is too long. So the rear one is looped a little to take up the slack and the front ones won't go into the stock mounts. And it was a CBR250rr kit too.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
My HEL's are great (SV1000). Just curious as to why you guys arent too happy with your lines.

I got mine a few years ago from a UK supplier. The lines he gave me were ADR approved (or some other regulatory body - each line is stamped with a code and it comes with yellow rings). I cant remember how much exactly, but it was about $130ish (posted) for 3 brake lines (2 fronts + 1 rear)

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
willy said:
My HEL's are great (SV1000). Just curious as to why you guys arent too happy with your lines.

I got mine a few years ago from a UK supplier. The lines he gave me were ADR approved (or some other regulatory body - each line is stamped with a code and it comes with yellow rings). I cant remember how much exactly, but it was about $130ish (posted) for 3 brake lines (2 fronts + 1 rear)
The quality on mine isn't amazing, and I still have brake fade after replacing everything else in the system that I'm allowed to for superstock.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I guess racing is a different story - for me, they work better than stock lines which is a plus.

Installation was relatively easy. The fit was spot on and didnt have excessive slack. I had a little bit of confusion with how to mount the front lines onto the master cylinder but once I worked it out, it was quite easy (it was a 'race' setup, so there were two lines off the master cyl - there wasnt room for error due to the line's length so the angles and crap had to be perfect). Also came with stickers, which went straight onto the tool box :D

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
Braided lines are a great upgrade for the 250s 20 year old originals. Should get yourself some sintered brake pads and you'll stop like never before!

I had Galfer lines on the 954 - I must say I prefered them to HEL. I had HEL on the 250 - not bad, but not great. Really, anything is better than the stock lines on the 250.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.