CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My favourite track!!!
My favorite track also! Im in Southern California, will be racing there again next year with ARHMA and they also added a race at Thunderhill Raceway for next season. Have you been to Thunderhill? Sure would be nice to have another MC on the start line :) I'm Iooking for more races, ill need to check out AFM

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, started with AFMracing.org in 2017 and did many, many races at Thunderhilll. Got 2nd overall in 250-class my 1st season! :)

Just moved to Mesa, AZ, so looking at doing races with CVMRA and maybe making it to AFM SoCal races like Buttonwillow maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome!! That's a impressive first season. How do you like Thunderhill? Good track for MC?
Hell yea let's race CVMRA next year! I was looking into it last week when I was out there, they make it easy allow me to use my Ahrma racing license and I bet the AFM as well. The track is soo fun on the 250. Are you planning on racing your kawi 250 or the MC19?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Chuckwalla looks like so much fun! Lots of sweepers for fast-cornering small bikes! Rocco kicked some serious ass there when he raced with AFM couple seasons ago. I love sweepers, pass up tonnes of people in Riverside at Buttonwillow!

I sold Ninja 250 because AFM has pretty much gotten rid of that class. Looking at 350 class next with MC19. Dave Moss is my target and he's got 58-bhp MC22. Kicks ass over Ninja300 & R3s. AFM has reciprocal licenses with CVMRA, so I may just get CVMRA license and do the 2 races they have at Buttonwillow. Miss 250 gang I used to hang with. Mostly Hmong guys from Fresno, they're little 120-lb jockeys, so I've been working on losing my gut to be more competitive.

Thunderhill is awesome track, but favours bigger bikes. Not as technical as Chuckwalla, Buttonwillow or Laguna Seca. Here's Thunderhill video John Rice ahead of me is on Ninja300, followed him around for couple laps to give him training video. I'm down to 2:13 or so now. Fastest 250 is Jordan Edginton @ 2:11

Wish they did races at Laguna Seca, my favourite!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome! hope to see you at the track. Just wondering if you know what lap times you have a Seca? My best time was a 1:54 the top 3 riders on vfr400r and hawk gt650 running 1:48.
I think I'm in 1:50-1:51 range with Alpha-13SP tyres (MotoAM Junior Cup take-offs). Timed a couple laps of video with stopwatch.

I suspect with MC19, I can get down into 1:44-45 range with stickier tyres.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my second 4cyl CBR250. I am thinking of using it for vintage racing. Is there a source for race fairings that are bolt on or close? Also is there any aftermarket exhaust systems? It would be a shame to cut up a stock system that is still in good shape. TX

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awsome! It's a very enjoyable little bike. Yes I think you should use it for racing!!!! its a great track/race bike.
I need racing fairing also, expensive and sipping from AUS is ridiculous. (Japanwebike) ( XCite bike) (guy on the facebook page) they all make racing fairings. Japanwebike has a exhaust system, would be know if it works better. I think many use the stock exhaust, works well for me. Post up some pics of her!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just bought my second 4cyl CBR250. I am thinking of using it for vintage racing. Is there a source for race fairings that are bolt on or close? Also is there any aftermarket exhaust systems? It would be a shame to cut up a stock system that is still in good shape. TX
I'm looking at Tyga for bodywork. Saves some weight over stock and stronger too! Simplified number of pieces for fast and easy removal. Bodywork | TYGA-Performance

As for exhaust, not much more you can do to improve it. Mostly optimised from factory. You can get lighter CF muffler to save some mass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts