CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new to motorbikes and i was hoping to start doing work on the bike myself. I have got to the point where all the fairings off and iv unbolted the tank. I just dont want to touch the fuel pipes out of fear of screwing it up. I also have no clue about the carbs. How to clean or balance. I live in Berwick if anyone could lend a hand.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hi mate. I'm in Narre and am just about to clean my carbs (my bike is in pieces in the garage and in pieces as I wait for a carby kit to arrive with new seals).

I feel perfectly comfortable pulling my own bike to bits, but whether you're comfortable with another novice helping out as opposed to someone whose done it a few times already is another question. :shy:

I've never used a manometer either (apart from in physics), but again it doesn't seem difficult as long as you watch the mercury. ;)

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
check the balance with the manometer before you start fiddling. they'll never be perfect, you wont need to balance unless you have fucked around with it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Run your bike totally out of petrol then dump a 1lt bottle of kerro in your tank.

Don't actually do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts