CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i purchased a MC-22 1992 CBR 250 RR two months ago, and it goes fine. usually when i want to go for a ride i always warm it up or else it'll just die out, now on cold days i realised that when i first crank it, it wont turn on immediately so i'd have to crank it a few times to get it started. 3 days ago it was pretty cold and i was trying to start it up but it wouldn't start at all, i kept on cranking it for about 4 minutes when i noticed the crank's sound and the lights would slow down on me. i decided to stop and to leave it for tomorrow where there is sun but as i try to crank it, it sounds like the battery is about to go flat. i'm pretty new with these bikes so i don't know what to do. thanks for the help :D

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Pretty common in winter in cars and bikes.
Try charging the battery up first before buying a new one.
Also if it doesn't start, give the cranking a rest as you can damage your starter motor

·
Registered
361 Posts
Charge it.
Don't crank for longer than 10 seconds at a time, leave it to rest (cooldown) for a little bit before starting again.

Remove seat.
Undo the battery terminals (Philips screwdriver or 8mm socket usually) and tuck them away from the terminals/battery.
Clamp on the battery charger to the battery terminals and turn the charger on.
Come back later when it's charged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts