CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all 馃憤馃徎
New member, so I'll keep it short, looking for anyone who has successfully installed any type of fuel gauge system to an mc22.
Had a browse but couldn't find a post where someone had pulled this off or even attempted it.
Love it if the "just open the cap and look" crew could refrain from chiming in but if the need overwhelms have at it.
馃槈

Registered
Take a look at bikes with fuel-level gauge and duplicate their setup. For example, 2008-2012 Ninja 250R. I don't think anyone's done it, but i would do it like
this.

1. cut hole out bottom of Ninja tank to grab fuel-level sender and mounting ring

2. cut out similar hole in bottom of CBR tank

3. weld in mounting flange from Ninja tank.

4. insert and bolt up fuel-level sender from Ninja 250

5. extract from Ninja 250 harness wiring for fuel-level sender

6. extract fuel-level gauge from Ninja 250 dash

7. mount fuel-gauge on CBR dash

8. connect fuel-level wiring between tank and gauge

PRESTO! Fuel-level gauge for CBR!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take a look at bikes with fuel-level gauge and duplicate their setup. For example, 2008-2012 Ninja 250R. I don't think anyone's done it, but i would do it like
this.

1. cut hole out bottom of Ninja tank to grab fuel-level sender and mounting ring

2. cut out similar hole in bottom of CBR tank

3. weld in mounting flange from Ninja tank.

4. insert and bolt up fuel-level sender from Ninja 250

5. extract from Ninja 250 harness wiring for fuel-level sender

6. extract fuel-level gauge from Ninja 250 dash

7. mount fuel-gauge on CBR dash

8. connect fuel-level wiring between tank and gauge

PRESTO! Fuel-level gauge for CBR!
Cheers, a good suggestion, well articulated but I was looking for a way that possibly didn't include
1 - Acquiring another donor tank
2 - Welding
Cutting is fine, can gasket a flange on for the sender/float, wiring is no big drama as this can be patched in from basically anything, more wondering if someone had tackled this already and had some potential pitfalls I could leech in regards to gauge and sender unit brand and mounting ideas.
Thanks for the quick reply tho.

Registered
IIRC these bikes would do average max of 210km before reserve. Guess you can just ensure to fill up nearing 200?

Just an aside really, the least for me was around 150km, from cruising down a freeway at 160kmh for an hour or so

My humble opinion is that it's just not worth the effort, going by Dannyoxyz's rundown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts