CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, new to the forum here 🖐.

Since a few months I've been having a ticking noise in the engine of my 92 mc22. I just had valve timing, carb clean and synch, new spark plugs, oil change done and it's still there.
The mechanic that did it advised getting a "new" engine.

Does anyone have suggestions of checking certain things before throwing in the towel ?

Help much appreciated! Just had to wait 2 months for a new valve seal to come in from japan to hear that all these things didn't fix my problem 😶.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That sounds A LOT like excessive valve-clearance! Its frequency goes up & down with engine speed.

Did mechanic give you spreadsheet of before and after valve-clearances? if not, find another mechanic. I don't trust them with any job, not even an oil-change!

You should review manual and do following:

• compression test
  • measure valve clearances. This is easy because you're not adjusting anything, just measuring.

just because your mechanic can't find the problem, doesn't mean there isn't one. And no one is gonna be more dedicated to finding it than you. Especially if you don't have to pay 20-30hr labour to find it. Heck, might even take longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts