CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys planning to do my chain and sprocket soon but im sure ill have trouble putting on the chain was curious if anyone has a chain breaking kit i could borrow for the day. Thanks i could even give you guy guys a deposit as collateral

· Registered
8,753 Posts
Yeah, angle grinder will do the trick if you're comfortable using one.

But where are you located? You should fill in your details in your account. Would make it easier to help you out in the future when you have questions etc?

· Registered
548 Posts
if you dont end up getting a chain breaker, just grind straight through the chain. Or use bolt cutters - that's what i did ;)

I recommend getting a chain press tool for putting the chain on though, if you're using a clip link chain.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had a chat with a friend that did his chain and sprocket not long ago said he had a bit of trouble putting the chain on. Definately might need some help if anyone is able to give me a hand with this thanks

· Registered
3,726 Posts
jl.208 said:
Just had a chat with a friend that did his chain and sprocket not long ago said he had a bit of trouble putting the chain on. Definately might need some help if anyone is able to give me a hand with this thanks
Hope it wasn't me because we use a hammer and a nail punch, i think also an angle grinder. Planning to do it yourself?

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok guys me and AJ26 are gonna try do it this sunday but still cant get a chain breaking kit, so we are gonan try do it with just a grinder. But if any one is willing to lend me one for the day it would make it so much easier. As to Sneddy cant really afford chain and sprocket plus the breaker still a student so money is pretty scarce =/

· Registered
7,374 Posts
Oi dude, did mine a matter of weeks ago. grinder and hammer with punch was a struggle but workable, your totally gonna want a press fit tool but. Couldnt get my new chain together without it. Pretty sure i told you the story.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.