CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i this weekend i decided it was time for a new rear tyre, everything went fine in getting the wheel off, to the shop, and back on the bike. however when i went to start her back up she cranked over ran on 2 or 3 cylinders (sounded like a tractor). i decided to jump on and see if giving her a slow run down the street would sort it out... ran like dead dog then died. pushed her home and now she just keeps cranking and wont fire at all.

the important bits.
  • cbr250rr aus import.
  • was running fine before it went up on the rear stand.
  • the bike was WET when she went up in the rear stand.
  • was up the for about an hour or more.
  • iv tried spraying a tiny bit of wd40 in the outer two plugs/caps but still wont fire.
  • also messed around with my r/h side rear sets tightening them up but did not disconnect anything.

Any suggestions appreciated, im going to try and get at the other two plugs/caps tomorrow when ill have some more light to work with.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
The wheel being off will be an odd but unrelated coincidence. Your battery might just be done, do you know its age? Anything less than 12.6v is flat and needs a charge. If it drops below 10v when you hit the starter button then it is buggered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eddited the post sorry got my words mixed up. she cranks over fine but just wont fire up at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts