CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight peeps.

Have been away from the forum due to work but keen to get involved and hands dirty to help the newbies once again.

SO IN TERMS OF a SERVICE DAY (the WHAT)

This is just an expression of interest as the subject would suggest...

For spring time.

Am sure we can sort out a venue and organise food and bevvies for the day. We will sort out the finer details (WHEN WHERE HOW) closer to a date better suited to outdoors...

Looking to do a smaller group so we can cover the very basics it terms of simple service items ie carbs / chain upkeep / headlight fluid and the easy oil and filter change. If need be we can look at changing fork oil and stiffening the front end of your ciblets / vitties. If you have a completely borked bike, engine seizure etc then this day is NOT for you. Recommend you see STUD or someone you can trust to do the more intricate jobbies locally. This works like a pass it on and ensures that this awesome forum keeps the family (though often dysfunctional) sentiment and feel. A good way to meet up with regulars and introduce yourself personally.

Capice?

So WHO here is a keen newbiliciousness?

Updated 26AUG2010

Interested:
EyeLuvBeer
mitchal
teddy_ace
jl.208
Mickydicky
clevermetal
wogstaa
DoGz
viper33
Raidvs
shvlzz
Miksnbeats
steadyeddie
oonini
Shmacko
janz
elitee
xotoby
AmoahiN
LplateCBR250r
Skellyton
phi
Rhaine
muzza
Cheeszy
monkeyKING
ChoujiStyle

I think we've pretty much gotten to the max attendee's 25+ so depending on drop outs etc and if peeps are able to make the date and place

the FLUFFERS (our social ELITE)

Hessian
Sneddy
LostyJai
aj26
Josh187

The knowledge BASE (GURU)

studricho
Matt
fitzy
getnkd
Blackness
pOint_01
Harry
Aduro
Ninexz
Sage
boingk
Lane
banana.logic
Blazzer
Speedracer10

Seriously guys, IF YOUR ARE NEW TO THE CIBLET SCENE..

Take this fantastic opportunity to learn the very basics (hows and whys) of your bike. There will be a truck load amount of knowledge that long standing members are willing to teach and show...

You only need to look at the amount of peeps KEEN in helping out

:)

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
I may come down depending on dates. I need to be in NSW before August sometime so possible iners to say gday. I wont be bringing bike, just taking some pics and meeting peeps. May need a lift to get there.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No probs mate. Once we get the dates sorted and if your still keen then yeah, good to have you along \m/

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah i can come down depending on the dates!! i can help with the service..

BAGS NOT FOR SPARK PLUG CHANGES!
:)

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Definitely in.
Can help take some of the noobs of the hands of the gurus i know the following well enough to pass on:

Fork oil/seal change.
Chain and sprocket change.
Oil and filter change.
Air filter (cuz thats hard)
Sparkies.

Have cleaned my own carbs but wouldn't recommend leaving me alone with newbs doing it as I'm pretty sure im not cleaning everything when i do them.
I also found out the hard way that carby cleaner expands rubber (sif not put a warning on the can)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds great!
I'm in depending on dates. i'm a total noob so i'm pretty keen.
My bike has this mad habit of breaking down every 150 Km's. so hopefully i can get there and she saves the breaking down for the way back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also a newbs, exciting and look forward about the service day, I would like to learn how to maintain the bike, Please count me too.

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
Depending on the date I'll be in.

Not to help, but I'll talk trash, eat your food, kiss your woman and piss on your batteries. That and if it's in the Gong it would be a fun day riding down and hanging out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm up for this guys can give a hand with carbie clean and suspension. Probs come by to watch people do chain and sprockets as i need to do mine soon.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
jl.208:

Picked mine up today bro, going to a mates on monday to help him change his fork oil, if you need something done or wanna watch me do sprockets come with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aduro said:
jl.208:

Picked mine up today bro, going to a mates on monday to help him change his fork oil, if you need something done or wanna watch me do sprockets come with.
Can I join u too, I want to see how to do spockets and change fork oil, can u pm me the time and address. cheers!

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
I could probably help with the ultra-retard, I mean noob stuff like airfilters and changing oil etc

How are you managing tools? Does everyone BYO or write their name on it etc?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts