CBR250 Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just saw this. I will get pictures tomorrow and post up. I have these things tucked into a shelf that requires me to move a few things and I'll be in the garage tomorrow anyway. There's some cracks in the fairings that will need some repair, I'll detail everything so you can see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
The Race Tech website shows FEGV S3501 for the emulators. When I search online for this, it shows it's for a Harley fork. Just double checking if this is correct before I order. I found them for $60 on Amazon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those are definitely better than what I have! I'll definitely pick those up from you. In middle of moving to Mesa, AZ at moment. Perhaps I can stop by and get those on one of moving trips. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Let me know! I plan to get out to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in April-May so I'll be within a couple hours of you if you want to meet part way. If you're passing through Orange County, PM me and we can sort out details.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Racetech has spring-calculator for you (and springs). I'd suggest about 0.80-kg/mm springs and 15w oil to start.

Also install the Gold Valve Emulators while you're there. Makes HUGE difference in handling at track.
Do you have any pointers on the emulator setup? I didn't get any instructions with mine and I don't know what spring I should be using or how to set it up. I'm not even 100% certain I got the right ones (I ordered FEGV S3501 per the Race Tech website, but they come up as Harley emulators when I go to buy them).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks for that. The damping rod doesn't seem to be that great in that the emulator can slip side to side. The boss doesn't fully fit in the cup and there's no adapter. Is this OK? I can make a puck that will make it fit but it doesn't seem like I should have to do that.

For Section 9 in the Gold Valve Emulator Installation, it references a "Digital Valving Search Setup Sheet" with a link to set up the emulator valving. Then it asks for access codes. I do not have these codes, therefore have no idea how to set up the emulator. Any leads on what I should do?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lateral play is OK, it's vertical seal that's important and is provided by tension of spring against emulator.

Compression-damping is dictated by oil-weight.
Rebound-damping is adjusted by turning knob in centre of emulator.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts