CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,
so i disconnect my carbs and this was the first time that I was gonna clean them, so im about to start dismantling it when i see that about 80% of the screws are rounded(motherfucking old owner)
so instead of fucking them up more as i dont have the right tools, i decided i'll let a mechanic do it instead, i was disappointed coz i was pretty keen on doing it all myself and saving some money
but anyway i take it in to the shop, the guy manages to open one of the fuel bowls and says that i'll probably need new float bowl gaskets

so does anyone know where i can get them from or where i can buy a full carby gasket kit for the mc 19s?
i pm'd studricho already
but the sooner the better coz my Ps test is coming up soon and i havent done any practise coz of this

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
If you've PMd stud, then you're all good. :)

I just got mine on Friday. After finding my carbies had no seals/gaskets at all.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so he does sell a full carby gasket kit?
coz i saw the mc 19 cok kit, but its just o rings and not the float bowl gaskets

wow......that must suck
your old owner must have been very stingy, probably took out the gaskets to save some money :p

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
they are just o-rings he sells, you have to glue them in place. if you're going to be working on bike a lot get honda seals if not get the o-rings

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
No, I doubt the owner I got it off even knew himself. Being a member on here, I highly doubt he pulled a dodgy. :)

I asked stud about that, he said that the large O ring is the float bowl gasket:
"There is a float chamber seal. It just looks like a large o-ring as you need to glue in the corners. With the MC19 kit you only need to press it in." -studricho

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zane said:
if you're going to be working on bike a lot get honda seals if not get the o-rings
thanks but whats the difference?

Tromac said:
No, I doubt the owner I got it off even knew himself. Being a member on here, I highly doubt he pulled a dodgy. :)

I asked stud about that, he said that the large O ring is the float bowl gasket:
"There is a float chamber seal. It just looks like a large o-ring as you need to glue in the corners. With the MC19 kit you only need to press it in." -studricho
oh right, hope he didnt know
was it leaking fuel when you got it?

ah..so you basically just press it into the shape?
cheers man

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
viper33 said:
oh right, hope he didnt know
was it leaking fuel when you got it?
It wasn't actually. Although there was a bit of fuel around, but I made a small mess when I took the fuel tank off. :blush: Somehow the bike travelled 150km when I took it home, but since it's run pretty badly and can't maintain idle once warm. I'm hoping a carby clean (and seals!) will fix that.

ah..so you basically just press it into the shape?
From what I understand, yes. I'll find out tomorrow when I finally get to finish up. :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i made a mess when i took the tank and carbies off as well
partly coz theres still fuel in them when you take them off
wow...mine has gaskets but was still struggling to give me 120ks out of a full tank

if it doesn't fix it, at least you'll know its not the carbies

alright let me know how it goes
thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yeah, it's inevitable to spill a little bit. I wasn't paying much attention when I detached the hose so got a bit of a shock. :blush:

Will do mate. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha i flipped over the carbies forgetting that there was fuel in them and next thing i hear is petrol dripping all over my shoes

cheers man

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
You should PM Studrico. I've just ordered a full carby gasket kit off him. Fast comms, great service and postage - gee I sound like a eBay feedback.

Paul will also give you details on were to order other Carby parts.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i already did and ordered them from him
and i agree with your "feedback"
once he was online, he replied pretty quick

·
Registered
214 Posts
question: do you guys have the complete part number to this "replacement" O-rings? Apparently the dealer was probably trying to hide the real price from me knowing that I owned an MC22. The package looks very new too. Plus, I only used two of the O-rings, one for the float bowl and the smallest one for the pilot screw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts