CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys my name is Sam
Instagram: hondamc22

Nice to meet you all. I currently joined this forum not too long ago after i bought my first cbr250RR MC22. Im here to share my bike and my progress with everyone. I hope to get some nice feedback and help from everyone in this community. Anyways lets get to it :)

Currently Own:
2001 CBR 250RR MC22 From Japan

The bike was imported to HongKong during 2010 im the second owner. The bike came quite stock was running but was sitting in a parking lot for 6 years. The owner barely rode it and kept it as a collectors bike. He told me he finally wanted to get rid of it cause he bought a new bike and had no room due to the high cost of parking and renting a spot in HongKong. I bought it bike off the old owner for 25,000 HKD which is equivalent to 3,200$ USD.
mc2.jpg mc1.jpg mc3.jpg mc6.jpg mc5.jpg mc4.jpg

After i bought the bike I brought it to a friends shop down Hunghom Bailey Street in Hong Kong to get the biek maintenance. The owner of the store is quite famous he does a lot of custom airbrush work for helmets and bikes and also does custom mods and work on bikes. The owner use to tune and mod bikes for race teams in Macau and HongKong during the 80s-90s. Due to HongKong not having a race track the owner is currently just fixing bikes and some custom mods for his clients and does alot of airbrush work for famous HongKong TV Stars and racers in Macau, Hong Kong, and China.
mc10.jpg

After i got the bike maintenanced I decided to do my first few mods. I really hated the black fairing so i told the owner to help me repaint my fairings, gas tank, and rims to Repsol theme.
fairing3.jpg fairing4.jpg fairing5.jpg fairing6.jpg fairing7.jpg fairing8.jpg fairing9.jpg fairing10.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
During the time he was working on painting my bike the owner surprised me with a gift. He somehow decided to paint my gauge faces too in my cluster. It actaully looked pretty good. I was going to get them swapped out for some guage faces that i bought in japan that was hrc with carbon style background. Ended up keeping the painted one by the owner and leaving the one i bought for maybe sometime down the road when i decide to swap it out or when i find another gauge cluster.

This is the one i got custom made from Japan:
guage.jpg

This was the one the owner painted me for free as a surprise:
guage 2.jpg

However this painting of repsol on the guage cluster wasn't the only surprise the owner gave me. He knew that i'm new to the bike game and knew how I would never sell this bike because it was always my dream bike. So he decided to swap my whole front to PGM NSR Race adjustable forks with PGM break calipers and everything. He did all this extra work for me for free because we got along so well and he knew that i was really going to take good care of the bike down the road. He told me how this would be alot safer for me when im biking and how it would help me with my turns. Hes also planning to do a whole upside down fork usd setup for me in the future when he can find me some parts. He told me to get use to this set up first and when i get bored of it or when he find some extra parts he plans to do a full usd fork setup for me.
fork1.jpg fork2.jpg fork3.jpg fork4.jpg

While he was repainting the bike and doing his work I went online and start shopping. I picked up some parts on Xcite Bikes, I bought the Tyga Carbon Fiber front Fender, Tyga Carbon Fiber heel guard, Tyga Carbon Fiber exhaust stay, Tyga Carbon Fiber Engine Covers.

tyga1.jpg tyga2.jpg tyga3.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also went on Buyee to use Yahoo auction to buy some parts in japan. I went in search of a full exhaust system and came across the brand DiC. I did some research and also ask the owner of the shop about them and he told me that this brand is a super old school brand in japan that does full system aluminum exhaust systems that are pretty dam good. So I decided to pick up the full aluminum Daishin Racing DIC Exhaust System. Took it a while to ship to HongKong but it finally arrived.
dic1.png dic2.png

After all the parts i ordered finally arrived the bike was pretty much done painting and just needed to put put back together.

m1.jpg m2.jpg m3.jpg m4.jpg m5.jpg m6.jpg m7.jpg m8.jpg m9.jpg a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg a4.jpg a5.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Far the bike is like this:

q1.jpg q2.jpg q3.jpg

Right now we got the bike running got to hear how the dic exhaust sounded. Right now waiting for a new high flow filter and a new battery and put the rest of the stuff together. I should be getting the bike back to test drive and play around with by tomorrow or the day after.

However, I met a fellow member on instagram called Scott Patterson Code MC he gave me some advice to tune my bike because he heard my video on instagram and todl me my bike sounded a little rough. i have no clue how to or what do. I wish you guys can help me out. He told me to google "mootavic tune" i found the site but i wasnt too sure which one im suppose to do. im guessing it is this one.

mo.png mo2.jpg

Right now by reading it i understand that i need to get 116 main jets however the rest im quite clueless i hope you guys can help me out and explain to me what it means.

Anyways so far it up to hear ill post more when i get the bike back. Hope to hear some feed back and tips thank you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got my bike back yesterday. Got some brand new fresh Batlax hypersport s21 bridgestone tires. Also my mechanic change up my air filter to a high flow filter and changed my main jets to 116 and did some other tune stuff that i don't really understand. The bike currently runs and runs a lot better then when i first got it. Feels a lot smoother, more responsive, and quicker. So far up to here play around with it and see what else i can do with it down the road

4.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey mate, Scott here (Code MC), sorry I've been offline for a few days! Glad you got the bike retuned to 116 main jets, I bet it's running a whole heap better now! Basically, with the aftermarket exhaust and a high-flow air filter, your motor would have been running 'lean' with the factory carb setup. All that means is that it's getting too much air for the amount of fuel the carbs are feeding it. What your mechanic has done, assuming he knows what he's doing, is to increase the amount of fuel being sent through the carbs, to match the increased airflow, so the mixture of air to fuel is still correct (or stoichiometric) - that it has enough air to burn all the fuel completely without any waste. This means it'll run smoother, with more power, and make the bike run better. Again, sorry I haven't been online much lately, work has been chaos and life has gotten in the way of my motorcycling endeavors. Happy riding! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man thank you so much Scott. You've been such a great help and inspiration. Anyways ill get back to you when i pick up my bike this friday. Hopefully we can figure out what i need to fine tune next.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alot has changed during my last post here's some update! Bought some new tyga parts and did some custom work to the bike and going for a new look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts