CBR250 Forums banner

Front folk leaking oil---help

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  aj26 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I just find that one of the front folk is leaking oil, is it common problem for cibby? I live in inner west Syd, can anyone recommend somewhere that I can bring it there and get fix, and how much properly I may need? thx guys

#4 ·
Its your fork seals, the replacement is as per the thread that AJ posted. It happens to all bikes after a while, but the things that speed it up are not servicing the forks frequently enough and not cleaning the fork legs, especially on a RWU bike.

#8 ·
have a good read of that thread first.......and if you can, print it out and have it handy with you.
the one time ive done it took me half a day with help............
make sure you have all the tools as well.....no point taking forks off and then realising you dont have the bolt/allen key to take the cap off

#10 ·
apparently they leak or have a very short life?
Probably bodgy installation, but I wouldn't look past it. Biggest issue is buying quality components for the thing thats keeping you on a direct, controllable course while at 100km/h or more. I'd say people frequenting eBay for such parts may not always be looking for the item with the best quality.

That said, I personally wouldn't doubt a set of seals from eBay.

- boingk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.