CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding a cbr250 for about 3 months now. I bought it used with 500 miles, and now I have it well over 1500. The only maintenance I've done is an oil change, and cleaning/tightening my chain. Just today i noticed that my front fork was bouncing a lot when I used my front brake, and after that it became very easy to move the forks up and down while holding the front brake. I checked around the forks and didn't find anything wet, but I'm worried something may have leaked, and I dont know how to fix it. I'm having a couple other minor issues as well, so I'm wondering if it's worth it to fix these things myself (I'm new to working on bikes), or if I should take it in to a dealership to see whats up, and to get a general checkup. (It has probably had very little maintenance over the years, and no professional maintenance since I bought it).

I can upload some pictures of the parts on my bike that are worrying me tomorrow, to see what you guys think, because I really don't know what It's meant to look like.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Put up your pics!
Which country/state do you live in?

With only 500 miles I assume you mean the newer edition CBR250?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts