CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
Good luck on the sale! I got rid of mine last week, although no bike on the horizon for me!

Make sure you do a write up on the MT09 when you get it... It's one I've been interested in!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck on the sale! I got rid of mine last week, although no bike on the horizon for me!

Make sure you do a write up on the MT09 when you get it... It's one I've been interested in!
Thanks!

I've test rode 2 of them.. was smiling all the way home after the test rides.

First was a stock one. It's heaps torquey and pulls pretty hard even in the standard mode. You can be putting along in 4th, whack the throttle open and it just takes off. I chucked it in 'A' mode and it became even more responsive. Throttle is a bit snatchy like everyone says, but I'm pretty sure it's something you can get used to if you ride it enough.

Second was a done up demo. Had quite a few accessories and a full Akra system. No PC, they just played around with the CO settings. Was a week after I tested the stock one so can't remember how it compared power wise. There was a noticeable flat spot lower in the rev range, but you'll probably only ever hit it taking off from the lights, it seems fine once you pass that point. The full Akra is quite loud, but sounds fkn nice so I think it outweighs those two things.

I didn't really push hard, but the brakes seem to pull up really well and it handles pretty good through the corners. Riding position feels natural and comfortable.

14ltr tank seems a little small, but reading up on it online, people seem to be able to get around 200kms, so I'm fine with that.

Anyways, you should go for a test ride Sneddy and experience it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts