CBR250 Forums banner

FS '97 ZX6R $ebay now

10K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  Fabian 
#1 ·
UPDATE:
Bike is finally listed on ebay in case someone is interested again
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180611079750

I bought this bike with the intention of making it a track bike, but I ended up fixing the bits that needed fixing, put some new tyres on it and doing one (1) soaking wet track day on it in road gear, before buying an already built track bike. This bike has been sitting in the shed since and it needs to go. Currently without registration.

If you were thinking of making it a cheap commuter or road bike, from what I can see the bike should pass a roadworthy without too many problems, tyres and disks/pads are all legal, lights work (with exception of one brake lamp, just haven't had a chance to replace bulb), no oil leaks.

It will definitely need a new battery, also, I lost the chain link clip (currently held in with some lockwire, NOT a long term solution). I do have the mirrors and left pillion peg missing from the picture, I just forgot to mount them.

The bike certainly has some cosmetic issues, tank dented, fairings scratched, cracked and missing paint. But if you care, and you're handy with a spray gun/can, it should be an easy fix.

The details:
Kawasaki ZX6R
31,500kms
BT090 front and rear (barely scrubbed in)
(Same model bikes on bikesales range from 4.5k-7k.)
I have a service manual which comes with the bike.
I also have a D&D rashed up muffler which sounds like it has no packing left, great for rebuild or pissing off the neighbours.

Bike is located near Berwick.

Any questions, let me know!

Requested by Hessian, vid of the bike running in case anyone else is interested.
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/fabianjosef/?action=view&current=Movie.mp4

Edit with price update

See less See more
#4 ·
RE: FS '97 ZX6R $2100neg

Im interested, but have to get a quote for shipping to Rocky - and the green light for bike number 5.

#7 ·

Fabian, have you got a vid of the bike going? I know its got a dead battery and all but it would be handy...

#15 ·

richo said:
If I had the cash I'd be thinking about it seriously. Don't want to trade for a clapped out nugget mc19 do you?
Thanks for the offer, but I'm trying to cut down the number of bikes :D. Mrs is sick of listening to me whine about lack of shed space. There's a few more things I'll be posting up soon. 954 track bike anyone? 954 road bike also (special deal for the twins). Bunch of MC22 bits and a bike.

#17 ·

Hessian said:
How much for the 954 and is it track only?
Hahah, should have kept my mouth shut. One is a mint road bike, never been down, etc. The other is a track only bike (race glass, no lights, worked suspension, etc.) but isn't stat. writeoff or anything so could be re-registered if required.

Haven't really decided what I want for either yet. Track bike isn't back together yet anyway, still needs some work.

Kwak needs to go first though, so buy that!!

#18 ·

Technically I can buy it, but I need to sell the postie or Red first. That could be a while, so dont hang onto it or anything. Bit of a shame to miss out on a good buy like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.