CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: NSR250 Magtek front wheel that will fit an mc22 or similar

This wheel is dead true. Comes with bolts and stainless steel 316 nylock nuts, also never used.

Asking Price $300

Dimension are taken from facing forward, looking behind the wheel.
a: 8.7mm
b: 8.7mm
c: 18.5mm
d: 12.5mm
e: 100mm
f: 21mm
g: 16mm
h: 94mm
i: Bearing ID 20mm
j: Bearing OD 42mm
k: 58mm

measurements are appriximate as I didn't have a proper cast iron marking out table

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
What's difference between this and the stock mc22 wheel? Aesthetic or is it weighted differently?

Free bamp anyway.

·
Banned
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't wiegh them. I am sure you can find that info on the net somewhere. Sorry.

I do have a standard wheel, but I cant be bothered taking it off my bike, taking off the disks and tyres to weigh it.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
haha yeah that's fair enough.

quick search tells me that magnesium weighs less than alluminium as it is less dense, so I can imagine that the magtek would be lighter.

·
Banned
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Front Tyre & Wheel (SP models): 110/70 x 17" Magnesium Magtek[hr]
it should be about 500g lighter than the NSR SP wheels... however... I believe they could possibly still be lighter than the cbr250 wheel. (Max could be 2kg lighter)

if anyone has a spare mc22 wheel without a tire, feel free to weigh it.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Humbug said:
Front Tyre & Wheel (SP models): 110/70 x 17" Magnesium Magtek[hr]
it should be about 500g lighter than the NSR SP wheels... however... I believe they could possibly still be lighter than the cbr250 wheel. (Max could be 2kg lighter)

if anyone has a spare mc22 wheel without a tire, feel free to weigh it.
Huh? Didn't you say this is an NSR SP wheel?

I'm not having a go, just confused...

·
Banned
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah sorry, i ment the SE model (thanks to my uber proof reading skills). and yes, magnesium is softer than aluminium... so don't plan on crashing if you want this wheel to stay straight. but that goes for any wheel :p

·
Banned
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm posting this for sale again.

I need to make some room in my box to be shipping to Japan, so I'll have to pick up another set later.

I'll still be asking 300 which seems fair as there is only one on ebay (rear for $500), its what I paid for it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts