CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 CBR600RR
I have realized lately that whenever i open the tank to fuel air rushes in as the tank was in a state of vacuum. Is this normal? I cant remember if it used to happen before.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
it shouldn't have a vacuum inside the tank. i dont know where but there should be a breather valve/hole to let air in as the fuel lvl drops. check the manual for location and see if its blocked. normally its only tiny little hole so it might be hard to find

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think it should release not suck in air. pressure builds up from the petrol from recollection. pretty sure it shouldnt have a vacuum inside the tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
francisz said:
i think it should release not suck in air. pressure builds up from the petrol from recollection. pretty sure it shouldnt have a vacuum inside the tank.
Found a kinked hose released that and no more vacuum.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Do you mean you get a sound like when you open the petrol tank on a car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dayeve said:
Do you mean you get a sound like when you open the petrol tank on a car?
With a car the air rushes out right? This was the opposite. It was difficult trying to open the fuel cap as it was being held by vacuum. When you give it a tug you hear air rushing in.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Zafar was right in the opening of the fuel cap. Make sure that the vacuum is inside of the tank. And then try to have air rushes out.

C

·
0 Posts
Cjay said:
Zafar was right upon opening the fuel cap. It might be able to make sure that the vacuum was inside of the tank. And then, try to have air rushes that could be out.
Engrish muchly?

Spamzor mainly?

GTFOKTHNX

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
there's two possible problems, the venting goes thru cap, and down thru the hole in the tank next to filler cap, large hole is for fuel overflow, small hole is for dry air to go into tank, vents block in the cap, or vent tube blocks in the tank, drill a small hole in underside of cap away from lock bizzo, and it'll find some air

1 - 10 of 10 Posts