CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I'm new to the forum and to be honest feel quite out of touch with bikes. It has been a good 6-7 years since I've ridden. Was wondering what you reckon a good bike to get back into riding would be. Would it be wise to hop back on a 250 for a while or something in the 600 range be suitable?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Boss hoss, it meets all your criteria, it is effectively two inline fours in a vee

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Current 600s are pretty quick! I've you've been out for a while, borrow a bike if you can and see what your slow riding etc is like for a while. Make a judgement call then perhaps.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
cb400 super four. good mix of size and power.

suzukini gladuis 600 (non lams if you are able)

cb600

gsf600[hr]
all good upright non-nuggetty bikes.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
tomahawk.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
^ what is it madmn?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
believe its a yamaha fzr400... he offered to sell it to me quite a while ago, but he ignored my pm's for the next few weeks..

chances are he'll do the same again.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
What have you ridden previously?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Seriously though, I think if you're just after something nice and/or cheap then it might be a good option to get an older 600 like an CBR600F4 or something. Otherwise, if you're in the market for a new bike its just going to be pretty dependant on how much riding you did before your long break. If you were riding big bikes for a while beforehand I doubt you've forgotten enough to be dangerous on a 1000 if thats what you were thinking of as an alternative.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts