CBR250 Forums banner

Good bike to start with...

9K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  InlineV 
#1 ·
Hi all...

I'm new to the forum and to be honest feel quite out of touch with bikes. It has been a good 6-7 years since I've ridden. Was wondering what you reckon a good bike to get back into riding would be. Would it be wise to hop back on a 250 for a while or something in the 600 range be suitable?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated:)

Cheers.

#7 ·
Current 600s are pretty quick! I've you've been out for a while, borrow a bike if you can and see what your slow riding etc is like for a while. Make a judgement call then perhaps.

#20 ·
Seriously though, I think if you're just after something nice and/or cheap then it might be a good option to get an older 600 like an CBR600F4 or something. Otherwise, if you're in the market for a new bike its just going to be pretty dependant on how much riding you did before your long break. If you were riding big bikes for a while beforehand I doubt you've forgotten enough to be dangerous on a 1000 if thats what you were thinking of as an alternative.

#22 ·
400's are coming down too. it's only 250's going up... Anything from the old 300cc to 726cc bracket are going down $200-300.

That said, I'm with Drew, and older Honda 600F4i or something would be a great bike to break back in on. Very forgiving, comfortable and they look great too!

What style of bike do you want? A sports bike, naked bike, motard, cruiser? There are plenty of good breaking in bikes that will see you past your break in phase in all of these types of bikes, it just helps to be able to narrow it down a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.