CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate and myself are planning a trip to Sydney, we are going to Canberra first then to Sydney. Also going to take the black spur on the way, I was wondering if anyone else has done a tip like this on there bikes. Is there anything i need to worry about when riding the bike for that long? Where is the best spot to mount a camera? And how do i save the video somewhere?

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
No no one has ever ridden that distance ever, bikes explode long before then.

Also the spur isn't on the way to Sydney.

·
Registered
183 Posts
my mate rode his ninja 250r from brisbane to melbourne, no problems at all, besides the fact that it took him 3 long grooling days, and that he did it solo carrying on his back a huge backpack filled with clothing!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I have done Melboure to Albury via the highlands. My original plan was to goto Albury around Mt Buffalo, but there is 12k's of dirt road just before Buffalo lakes - so we diverted to the Hume HWy near Benalla.

Mansfield to Whitfield is amazing and also taking the first journey towards the Spur is rewarding as well. The trip to Albury took me 5 hours with a stops at Healesville, Marysville (not nessecary but recommended) and Mansfield for lunch.

Depending on what you ride. I recommond sports bikes do this over two days. Your wrists and back will cop a beating on the straight and boring Hwy's. I was fine travelling along the twisties until I got back onto the hwy.

Albury to Holbrook is very boring as well. After that is get a little twisty, but still a burden on the back and wrists with a sportbike.

Good luck and dont forget, Rain gear and Maps.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Do lots of stretching up to and during the trip. I only rode 800kms each way on my little road trip, but I got off the bike with no back worries or anything. I'll put it down to all the stetches I did before and after

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I use the Blueant bluetooth headsets. They aren't cheap - but waterproof and able to transmit around 400m.

The new models also have MP3 capabillity!

They are also waterproof and act as a headset for your mobile phone when not paired to another rider.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
ASTAR said:
I use the Blueant bluetooth headsets. They aren't cheap - but waterproof and able to transmit around 400m.

The new models also have MP3 capabillity!

They are also waterproof and act as a headset for your mobile phone when not paired to another rider.
+1 I've got a blueant F4 and its quite good :D

Good sound quality, A2DP etc etc :)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
There was a forum rideout from Melb's to Sydney once upon a time back in the good old days when everyone on here owned 250's :) I think about 5 of us went up to meet up with the Sydney crew. Took around 14 hours because we had to stop for fuel every 200kms and then we'd all stand around and chat for ages. By the end of the day we were all pretty sore but the 250's handled it no probs at all.

When we got to Sydney we were greeted by this:

Happy Days :D

Attachments

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
Did Sydney to Melb and back for GP back in 2007.

If you're going the quick way - stay overnight in Gundagai. Get Chinese for dinner. Nuff said.

If you're not using radios to communicate, get yourself some noise cancelling headphones and a good playlist on your MP3 player. The Hume Hwy is fucking boring!

Oh, and take plenty of water in a hydration pack to drink on the way - and stop regularly. It's boring and monotonous, but it is also tiring so the likelihood for a accident is high. Drink, eat and take care.

·
Registered
295 Posts
apart from, try and find a better way than going along the hume.
service the bike before you leave and watch out for the fuzz in holbrook.
i live fairly close and travel through all the time and i swear every second car is an undercover cop. make sure your doing the speed limit as soon as you pass the signs.
oh and chips and gravy at the caltex roadhouse thing at the sydney end of holbrook.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Jusm, Crashie and I did it a while back. We took the Pacific Hwy (I think?) and stopped over in Merimbula (I think), camped by the side of a river and ate dodgy tinned food we chucked in the fire :)

Was an awesome trip, would definitely do it again. My front tyre basically disintegrated on the R6 for some reason, so I bought another one on the way up .. but other than that there were no dramas.

Crashie / Jismo would know the route better, I just was along for the ride and the laughs :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.