CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive unscrewed the idle to much and it came out i still have the spring just cant find where it goes back in on the carb ive taken the tank off but still cant see where it goes cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to remove carbs from bike to get idle screw back on
Thanks for the reply bike still starts but only with small amount of throttle they dont have to be balanced again or anything do they if i take the carbs off

·
Registered
41 Posts
no need to re-sync carbs. The throttles are linked together. You just need to re-install the idle-adjuster screw.

What year is your bike BTW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi ive unscrewed the idle to much and it came out i still have the spring just cant find where it goes back in on the carb ive taken the tank off but still cant see where it goes cheers
hi there--no you dont need to take off the carbs to attach the idle screw--remove the petrol tank and the air box with filter--plug the carb openings in case you drop something in the engine!!!!- look just below the carb opening and you will see the float bowls and using an led torch(very bright for spotting in dark places) you can see the horizontal shaft that connects the four carbs with springs attach .in between the middle two carbs you will see a small square block of alloy with a threaded hole--thats where the idle adjuster threaded end lives!! careful as you screw it back in that you do not crossthread it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the help took the tank off and figured it out then had to do it again coz i read about the spring so found that near the starter and put it back in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts