CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i bought a cbr 250rr mc22 from the year 91 in japan and i have doubts if the decoration is original or not.
I see that in the auction pages there are many units with this decoration (I find it strange that so many people have agreed to paint them like this), however I cannot find any original document in which this model appears.

Does anyone know where these bikes came from?

Thanks a lot

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
CBR250RR(R) 1994-1995 had NH-196 Ross White
CBR250RR(RR-II) 1996 had same NH-196 Ross White

That scheme is common because fairings can be painted just one colour white. Then rest is decals.

CBR250RR(L) 1990-1991 models had these four colours available.
1 = NH-193P red/white/blue
2 = PB-184M black/silver/red
3 = PB-193P red/white/blue
4 = PB-184M black/silver/gray

CBR250RR(N) 1992-1993 had two colour options.
5 = NC-193P red/white/blue
6 = NH-237P black

On frame tail under passenger seat should be label with colour code. This is original colours of bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer. However, the bike I'm talking about is from 1991. It has the possibility of turning off the lights completely.

I don't have it in my hands yet so I can't see the color code under the seat.

Let's see if anyone has any more details about these bikes.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your answer. I find it strange that there are so many units painted exactly the same (tank, wheels and fairing) look at all the photos that I attach. they are all of them different units.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yup, simplest, easiest and cheapest colour scheme to use if you have damaged bodywork. Trying to sell used bike, you want it to look as best it can with minimal effort and cost. The '94-96 colour is easiest way.

1. paint fairings all white $50
2. 94-96 sticker set $40

that's it! You can make bike look brand-new for less than U$D100. I'm going to do that with my '89 MC19 since it has panels from 3 different bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello everyone, i bought a cbr 250rr mc22 from the year 91 in japan and i have doubts if the decoration is original or not.
I see that in the auction pages there are many units with this decoration (I find it strange that so many people have agreed to paint them like this), however I cannot find any original document in which this model appears.

Does anyone know where these bikes came from?

Thanks a lot
I’ll be interested in getting one of these. Cool bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts