CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is love (or at least lust) at first sight.:drool::drool::drool:

Pity the salary cannot indulge me...there is a faired version on evilbay starting at $35,000.

Has anyone seen one of these in the wild?

· Registered
3,551 Posts
Can't say I have ever seen one in the flesh. Tis purdy but.

'tiK.

· Registered
7,053 Posts
Im still deciding on if its pretty or not.[hr]
Theres a wiki article on Hesketh. 1000cc Vtwin madness

I like this pic better

· Registered
3,736 Posts
yeah, not with you on that one guys. maybe if you love old old old ugly bikes than you can have that sit on your face, but i'll stick with something that shouldn't have been aborted... at birth.

· Registered
312 Posts
Mattawitz, the Hesketh was aborted at birth. It was supposed to be a new beginning for the British motorcycle industry, but they had too many oil leaks and too many false neutrals in the gearbox, so Lord Hesketh's company went bust. Twice, in fact. He had another go with a fully faired touring version called the Vampire, but nobody wanted that either.

I will not speculate as to what else around here may have benefited from an early demise. ;)

I can't say that I am a huge fan of the Hesketh either, but I do like the nickel plated frames. Very nice.

If they had been a bit lighter, leaked less oil and had a decent gearbox they could have been a good bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.