CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of BT45's atm, and done 5500km's. I am going to upgrade tyre quality and get some alpha 10's, how much am I throwing away?

I have not hit wear indicators, but have nothing to compare them to.

I am also curious to see how many k's everyone gets out of their different tyres. Post em up please :)

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
BT45's should last for ages. That said, its all about your riding style and speed, isnt it?

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Got about 60k clicks out of pilot activs including a giant fuckoff burnout at GP.

Expecting about 100k out of the arrowstax.

I get about 2 maybe 3 days (80 laps) out of a pair of supercorsas...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've done 10 thousand ks on my BT45s and still got some tread left. Just a bit over 2mm above the indicators.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: he bitched out too :p TAKE IT LIKE A MAN SON!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
He was lucky it wasnt a steel belted tire. But i wouldnt have smoked it if it was.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
i had an alpha10 obn the DRZ that lasted 2000kms. lol

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
wow, didn't realise this was an older thread :p
I'm hoping to get atleast 12,000km's from my Sport Demons going off what the guy at the tyre shop said...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i done dont know about ks but i had stax on for well over a year and done a 40min trip along a motorway each way to work. pretty long lasting i think but they were pretty fkd by the time i changed them.

i think dogalous has had his on since the beginning of time, and still going lol.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Just saw on Sydney City they're selling Pilot Road 2's with the 150 rear for $480 a set fitted... Sounds good, but will it really be worth the extra $180 over the Sport Demons?

Thoughts people? For the Repsol(+ the decals say Michelin,(read: kidding))

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
if they arent actually sponsoring you who cares... are you looking to win trophys for an exact replica?[hr]
sport demons are great but all i have to compare them with is aroowmax's...

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Kritas said:
Just saw on Sydney City they're selling Pilot Road 2's with the 150 rear for $480 a set fitted... Sounds good, but will it really be worth the extra $180 over the Sport Demons?

Thoughts people? For the Repsol(+ the decals say Michelin,(read: kidding))
from what i've experience the micheleins will be a fair bit better than the P-SD's. they are not a bad tyre but still a touring tyre not really a sports tyre. are they worth an extra $180? up to you, but to me good tyres are a must have. nothing worse than being grip limited on average tyres.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Aduro said:
They SHIT on arrows reaper. Not jsut in terms of stickyness but profile, much sharper tip in.
Yeah tell me about it, when I had them fitted I was like holy shit! for the first couple of turns lol
so this is what its meant to be like... Ooohhhhh

1 - 20 of 41 Posts