CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you've removed the oil filter assembly from the engines sump like this:

Remove old filter and retain the metal washer on the bottom side of the filter.

Remove old seal from oil filter cap.

Remove old seal from oil filter drain bolt.

Install new seal on the oil filter cap, (lube the seal with a small amount of new oil).

Install new seal on the oil filter drain bolt, (lube the seal with a small amount of new oil).

Install the old washer in-between the oil filter and spring,

Soke the new oil filter in fresh oil then, Install the new oil filter (Writing on the filter faces up).

Done! Ready to install back into the sump!

·
Registered
27,297 Posts
Great thread CBRpower !!!

Many people prefer to soak the oil filter in fresh oil before they install it.... me being one of them cause I dont want my engine to starve off oil for even a minute.

Only the best for my baby :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K916 said:
Great thread CBRpower !!!

Many people prefer to soak the oil filter in fresh oil before they install it.... me being one of them cause I dont want my engine to starve off oil for even a minute.

Only the best for my baby :)
That's a very good idea, ill do that next time :) thanks matey!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i went to Honda and asked for a oil filter for the mc22, it came with the oil filter, and the 2 oil seals in one sealed bag.

·
Registered
27,297 Posts
paparoach said:
kewl! hmmm, hope the same applies here in the Philippine market...
Parre, kumusta ang buhay?

Quote the part number that is visible in CBRPower's first thread above... it'll have everything you need

·
Registered
38 Posts
paparoach said:
i've already asked around....the filter is available in most Auto Supply shops...with regards to the rubber seals, i guess we need to buy them separately from stores that sells gaskets & o-rings...[hr]
K916 said:
paparoach said:

Quote the part number that is visible in CBRPower's first thread above... it'll have everything you need
@K916
are you from the Philippines too?

·
Registered
728 Posts
When i bought my filter the guy recommended i change the washer as well, so your local honda dealer should have them.

Failing that, i guess you could any old washer with the same diametre and thickness.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it doesn't really matter what thickness the washer is, its only there to stop the the spring from exerting pressure onto the rubber inner of the oil filter (which may push through or damage the rubber), instead it exerts it over the metal washer and it distributes it evenly onto the rubber of the oil filter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lolz well worth the coin...or coins :)

·
Registered
27,297 Posts
NSCB said:
paparoach said:
i've already asked around....the filter is available in most Auto Supply shops...with regards to the rubber seals, i guess we need to buy them separately from stores that sells gaskets & o-rings...[hr]
K916 said:
paparoach said:

@K916
are you from the Philippines too?

Indiyano Ako

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
got the bits and pieces i needed to do an oil and filter change today...got the parts from Team Moto Honda in Moss St, Slacks Creek (QLD for those playing at home)...I also grabbed the washer that sits between the filter and the spring.
the washer seemed expensive for just 1 little washer, but i got it anyways as it was just easier...turns out there wasn't one on the bike so it saved me from hunting for a suitable washer at home anyways.

part numbers and prices are as follows (genuine parts):

oil filter (the 2 o-rings included): 15410-KEA-305 $17.38

washer: 15414-300-000 $4.36

·
Registered
1 Posts
How exactly do people go about soaking the new filter in fresh oil? Simply pouring oil over it or dropping it in a container of oil? Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
either way trippy,
just get some oil onto the filter somehow... depends how much you have and how much your willing to waste i guess.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you have one, blast the new filter with an air gun before soaking it, some paper flakes came off mine ( after market ) into the oil.....mmmm

1 - 20 of 44 Posts