CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, after stacking at low speeds a while back my front wheel is still notched off a bit... i went to the mechanic to get my sump plug fixed and asked him to also fix my front wheel alignment... he fixed it a tad but its still off by a bit... didnt state there was any fork damage! now that i've got myself a front and rear paddock stand im interested in having a go myself... how do i go along doing this? (never done anything remotely close to this stuff before... noob)

·
Registered
856 Posts
As long as nothing was bent in the stack loosen off the axle bolts and triple clamp bolts and it should come straight. Then do everything up being careful not to over torque them. Check the manual for torque values.

Also check if the clipon that hit the deck has moved - if it has it will feel like the wheel is off line.

·
Registered
133 Posts
rubenastley said:
hey guys, after stacking at low speeds a while back my front wheel is still notched off a bit... i went to the mechanic to get my sump plug fixed and asked him to also fix my front wheel alignment... he fixed it a tad but its still off by a bit... didnt state there was any fork damage! now that i've got myself a front and rear paddock stand im interested in having a go myself... how do i go along doing this? (never done anything remotely close to this stuff before... noob)
your forks might just be twisted at the triple clamp loosen the bolts and align the front wheel than do up the bolts again
jlyall said:
Lol again. S E A R C H..

Who wants to answer this three times in 6 months.
the search function on this site is fucking shit house

·
Registered
133 Posts
its just a basic search it needs more in depth searching i just tried using it for my self instead of asking a changing tyre question came up with one thread about a guy getting a shop to change his tyres rather than someone doing it there self

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
That's probably because there have been no threads on that topic though, I don't recall ever seeing one. And surely you could find a better guide using google anyway, as good as this site is there are better places to find that sort of info. I don't think one bad experience is enough to justify saying not to use it, unless you have some other examples I think you should give it another chance.

·
Registered
13,792 Posts
The search button is the wrong way to search the forum. Go to Google and put in your search term as well as site:cbr250.com

Justin.

·
Registered
13,792 Posts
Works just as well on the new one mate. Google is fast, predictable, and will let you hammer the shit out of it, I only use in-built search on forums that require logins. You're also being nicer to the cbr250 server when you use google.

Justin.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
You make a good point (or series of points), you can do multiple searches without waiting if you use google. Now I just need something to search for...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
If the triple clamp is bent from previous hit, you have to force it into position, then tighten it up,

if you want to bring it over to st albans and use my tools to strip it, I'll show you how to check the forks and triple clamps for straight, if they're barely bent, I'll straighten them for 20, ditto triple clamp, 20 if I have to put it in the press, free if I can do it on bike,

·
Registered
1 Posts
As long as nothing was bent in the stack loosen off the axle bolts and triple clamp bolts and it should come straight. Then do everything up being careful not to over torque them. Check the manual for torque values.

Also check if the clipon that hit the deck has moved - if it has it will feel like the wheel is off line.
Hi i loosened the triple tree bolts to realign my front wheel, when I did this it worked but my front forks raised up about 3-4 inches and I cannot seem to get the forks back down to where they need to be so I can tighten my bolts back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts