CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just thought i would introduce myself as I'm new here. I recently bought a '89 cbr250r, i must say from the short time iv been riding, its amazing.
Unfortunately i recently crashed it so i have bought a new set of fairings in the colour scheme i wanted anyway (using the crash as an excuse to spend large amounts of money making to look sexy).
Ill be sure to upload some pictures when it is all finished, but that could be up to a few months depending on postage times and my commitment.
Anyway when i do finally get it all finished i would sure like to meet some of you guys around the Sydney area for a cruise.

·
Registered
956 Posts
welcome to the madhouse! don't worry about the crash most of us have been there done that. if you don't get scared easy you will enjoy this place!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Most cbr250s are rashed up, its the norm. Lots of fairings on ebay. Welcome.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the fairings are in the mail, the current ones aren't worth keeping even if you weren't too interested in what people thought about your bike

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
take a pic of your old fairings?
if theres no broken bits where the screws go, i might buy them IF you wanna get rid of them
depends on what they look like though

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah ill take some photos of the old ones when its brighter, but in honesty, i wouldn't think the side or front fairings are of any use, the back and front guard are fine though.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Aside from massive broken chunks and huge cracks, alot of guys on here buy fairing and repair them, its not to difficult,

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i see, well to get detailed the left fairing is actually not really wrecked at all (besides paint work), as said before the back fairings and front guard are fine. The right fairing as a pretty big crack in it with bits missing including screw hole bits. the front has both the two sides snapped and honestly doesn't look very repairable but i have no clue on these things. If you wanted the backs, guard and possibly one of the sides I'm quite happy to sell them.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Welcome to the nuthouse. Drifty says you look pretty cute and asks if you would pass HIM your number?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you haven't seen anything till you've see the naked photos of me on my bike[hr]
Ok here are the photos of the fairing damage:

Back Guards:
these have minor scratches but no cracks at all. The black thing on the top one is some sort of sticker, i assume it is to cover up some rash on the side.

Tail light thing:
This is perfectly fine, barely at scratch really.

Front Guard:
Perfectly fine, and barely any scratches.

Right Fairing:
Not too bad, however there is a crack running from the bottom, through a screw hole. The screw hole on the left is obviously missing the top loop.

the crack...

Left Fairing:
This fairing is pretty good, no scratches that go through the paint... all the screw holes are fine except for the one on the top right and some some minor cracks around the middle right one.

Front Dash:
This is pretty screwed to be honest, but here are photos anyway!

All these are up for sale.. make me an offer i cant refuse! :D

Edit: i also may chuck this post in the selling section of the forum.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Awesome, you got one if those special edition RR mc19.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jack here, another newbie to the forum here, picked up a 19 (very special "rr" version like this one ^, 95rwhp :p ) with 27ks on the clock, in great condition part from a right side drop which smashed the "ear" of my front fairing, just like that ^^. Doesnt worry me too much, probably just mutilate a fairing from the shed and weld in on at some point.

Dude those fairing are fine, is it cheaper to get new ones than to weld up the cracks and get those painted and decald?

Whats an mc19 worth around the world? In nz they seem to sell usually around 2500-3500NZ$ depending on condition and ks, though a candy paint job makes most kids overlook both of those :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well if you had the gear, i say it would be worthwhile patching up and respraying the whole thing aside from the front fairing. I don't have that sort of equipment plus i didn't like the colour so i have ordered in a brand new set.
I payed $2000 AU for my bike and it was worth while spending the money to get it shipped down here, it had very minor scratching... so basically it looked like a used bike. Mechanically its fine, never had a problem with it at all and with (35k on the clock). On eBay i have seen them go for around $3000+ depending on condition.

·
Registered
27,301 Posts
I think that its an OMG SP MC19 SE

Welcome to the forum Skelly, what new fairings have you ordered?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, Cheers

Link

Not these in particular, but the same colour scheme... i have some kind of a thing for yellow. I want to respray the tank myself, is there a thread that's covered that or any pointers on paint etc?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts