CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my cbr250rr serviced, tuned and the fork seals replaced on the weeked something else jus haaaaad to go wrong...typical...

so i start my bike, warm it up, everything is fine, i take off, get bout 1 km down the road when it starts to do a few strange things.

when riding, the engine is stuttering, very low on power/torque. its almost like it is running on 3 cylinders. the head lights, tacho/speedo and hi beam are working, but the indicators, tail lights, temp guage and horn are not.

the engine runs fine at idle and only starts stuttering after 4000rpm and continues all the way to the redline.

when i got the bike home i turned off the bike and decided to see if the starter was working...it started fine as well.

Has this happined to you? Or do u have an idea what the problem is

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
check your battery and reg/rec, there should be a few FAQ's about how to test

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Yeah something is happening when the bike is under load, so it'll be a battery issue or possibly carbs. What did they do on the service?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im confident it isnt a fuel problem, as that is unlikely to affect the electronics...

in the service he changed the oil, oil filter, plugs and cleaned out all the jets and carby (including the slides) and tuned the carbs. Was running very sweet after i picked it up and ran good until today.

will go n check the fuses now, but i dun have a book to see what fuse is for wat...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Did you take it to a shop? If so try and ride it back to them.

Its sounds like you don't have a huge amount of bike mechanical knowledge so probably best take it to someone who know what they are doing.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Sorry didnt read the whole post lol

Fuel dont power yer indicators :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a whole lot of bike know how---not really,

mechanically inclined...yup considering i rebuilt the bike from the scrap that i bought it lol.

didnt wanna try n ride the bike back to the workshop and risk damaging it more or even fouling the plugs coz did smell like it was running rich.

the funny thing is, i have a habit of when something goes wrong i start looking at the worst thing that it could be not the most simple...

pOint 01 had it! a simple 10amp fuse aye! n more to the point i was lucky enought to have a spare! (pulled it out of the missus car lol)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u win a ride on my sister! might even through in a six pack!!

(this reply is intended as payback to my sister and im in no way inclined to really let anyone have a go on her lol)

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If a killer put a knife to my throat and said "have sex with your mother or I'm gonna kill your father while having sex with you",

I would have sex with myself.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
pOint_01 said:
i know whats wrong...check ur fuses! :)

i bet 1 is blown! :)

fixed!
+1, i had the exact same thing happen to me. i nearly pulled the whole bike apart before i realized it was just a fuse.

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
That would be the 10A fuse C. It would have taken out the circuits that stopped things like your horn, temp gauge, brakelight etc... as well as taking out the circuit that runs the speed restriction circuit. If that doesn't have power, then it won't let the engine run over ~8,000rpm... it will kick the limiter in, as you've found.

Replacing the fuse should fix this... given the fuse just gave out itself. But there might be something else wrong with the electrics that caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

It's a good reason to bypass the speed limiter (see maintenance threads), so if the fuse does blow, you're not putting along like a scooter.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Its also a reason not to say anyone on this forum can have sex with your sister.

Is she number 4 prostitute in all of kazakstan?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts