CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it in the mail from NRMA.

Never registered this bike before as i bought it less than a yr ago.

06 R6

CTP $464.82
Rego $108.00

Went to greenslips.nsw.gov.au and got a quote & the cheapest there was NRMA @ $357.

So i got an online quote at NRMA and they offered it for $377 - WHAT!

why is there so much fluctuation ? What is everyone else paying for their 600's ???

· Registered
3,477 Posts
You better hope I continue to be too lazy to attempt this from my phone, the amount of time I'll be spending on public transport you'll be well fucked,

· Registered
3,477 Posts
I'm a programmer. Nuff said.

Matt seems to work in some kind of whinging-about-the-environment related field. I'm thinking retail.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
no. i don't currently have a job.

i have a degree, and passed with honours, but no job.

yay.

the system works.

(in my spare time i like to do outdoors stuff. it'd suck to be you poor fuckers stuck at work, while i am abseiling off a 40m drop into a cave that goes 200m deep. just sayin' :))

· Registered
8,753 Posts
Matt said:
wake up and smell the roses, dude. they have increased the ctp on most bikes, some classes by up to 85%.
CTP for 600cc bikes has actually decreased by 30-40%. It used to be $664 and now he's paying under $400.

WIN![hr]
Oh, and Matt, when you're in Melb you should meet up with Richo and have sex - you could cut the sexual tension here with a sledgehammer!

· Registered
3,477 Posts
Sneddy said:
Oh, and Matt, when you're in Melb you should meet up with Richo and have sex - you could cut the sexual tension here with a sledgehammer!
Sadly I have met that newb.. it's a deep emotional scarring that I'm still recovering from :(

· Registered
34 Posts
CTP for 600cc bikes has actually decreased by 30-40%. It used to be $664 and now he's paying under $400.

WIN!

Untill next year when they rise because the insurance companys claim lots of riders upgraded to a 400 or 6oo or a 750. Itll happen!

· Registered
8,753 Posts
richo said:
Sneddy said:
Sadly I have met that newb.. it's a deep anal scarring that I'm still recovering from :(
:p[hr]
Cotter7 said:

WIN!

Untill next year when they rise because the insurance companys claim lots of riders upgraded to a 400 or 6oo or a 750. Itll happen!
That's right. It's all a big conspiracy. Better go grab your tin foil and make a nice pointy hat!

Seriously - I get it. It sucks that 250s are now in a higher class. But the fact of the matter is that in this particular instance Synergy's rego is up to 40% less now than it was 22 days ago. Which in anyone's books is a WIN. Get it - some people saving money is a Win. Wasn't commenting on the CTP changes as a whole. Which realistically is only bad for 250s. Every other increase is fairly neutral to increases in past years.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sneddy said:
Matt said:
wake up and smell the roses, dude. they have increased the ctp on most bikes, some classes by up to 85%.

WIN![hr]

Hah ive never registered this bike so never had to pay anything before, only my 250.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Sneddy said:
richo said:
Sneddy said:
Sadly I have met that newb.. it's a deep anal scarring that I'm still recovering from :(
:p[hr]
Cotter7 said:

WIN!

That's right. It's all a big conspiracy. Better go grab your tin foil and make a nice pointy hat!

Seriously - I get it. It sucks that 250s are now in a higher class. But the fact of the matter is that in this particular instance Synergy's rego is up to 40% less now than it was 22 days ago. Which in anyone's books is a WIN. Get it - some people saving money is a Win. Wasn't commenting on the CTP changes as a whole. Which realistically is only bad for 250s. Every other increase is fairly neutral to increases in past years.
no, its a fail. decreasing one class by 40% does not equal an increase by 85% in another.

its that kind of bean counting that fuckhead bureaucrats come up with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.