CBR250 Forums banner
661 - 680 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
I was out there on Saturday avo to unpack but didn't race.. I was doing double duties in bears and unlimited so didn't want to waste time on Saturday as north track is shit..

And cheers! I have been dropping on average a sec every time I have taken the Beemer to ec.. There's one or two little tweaks to go so hopefully there's another second left in there.. After that... I think I'll be running out of talent! Lol

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Very good effort then!

What about my second question? Typical...only wanna talk about your times lol

Also just realised, I'm racing next weekend and its the final round of motogp! Being Valencia I think the telecast will be on pretty late in the evening though?

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
So Cerberus at the quicker times are you having any "moments" trying to go that little bit quicker?

What was it that shaved that little bit more time off?
Actually no major moments! Feeling pretty comfortable doing those times. I feel good on the bike too so that helps confidence.

According to the data logger data the diff between 38.6 and 39.6 is just 3-5 km/h faster out of each corner. I found I am faster by mainly being smoother and more precise if that makes sense. Just focusing on picking up the throttle just right. Also breaking in the same spot but braking less hence carrying more entry speed

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
oh yeah, every time or at least usually you step outside of your comfort zone there is a that feeling of nervousness but imo thats what causes most crashes.

I try to stay as calm as possible and these days almost talk myself through laps (and i mean actually talk to myself inside of my head while riding).. brake here, turn at this point, pick the throttle up here.. ok that felt good can i pick the throttle up in this turn 1m earlier? etc..
once you brake it down it helps to take control of the anxiety for me... i also always have an escape plan.. if i am going to try and get on the anchors later, i run through the scenario in my head "ok if i cant pull it up, stand it back up brake try to turn or run off there and get on the rear brake on the grass" etc.. that sort of thing. it helps me to be prepared and expect a reaction to a mistake. mind you, i push in increments so i have only ran off the track once in 10 years (not counting crashes). there is no point braking 15m later.. try 2-3m each time. besides the real trick i have found from watching the fast guys.. brake at the same point just brake LESS! it keeps the bike poised and sets u up for higher entry speed!

dont know if any of that makes sense. i think certain times you can do without really knowing why of how.. i reckon it was about 44's for me at EC.. i just did it, felt like i was going to die, but still got around. didnt really think about much other than jamming the brakes at the last second and pinning the throttle as hard as i could.
i felt more in control and safer doing the 38/39's now because i feel like i have broken down the track in my head any my riding to understand when and when i have to do to get that time.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
1.56.1 today at the island.

Heaps of traffic only 6th session on the 600rr aswell but what can ya do.

Theoritical best of 1.54 racechrono says but I rrckon that's a bit conservative.

Hoping for 149s to 151s tomorrow

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I try to stay as calm as possible and these days almost talk myself through laps (and i mean actually talk to myself inside of my head while riding).. brake here, turn at this point, pick the throttle up here.. ok that felt good can i pick the throttle up in this turn 1m earlier? etc..
This tip I am going to use.

See how I find it next Friday.
First time I get to go through the old turn 8 since my gymnastics routine there at the St George Easter race meet last year.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Well I got a 1.54.3 but a little disappointed. Ran wide at turn 12 while 2.5 seconds under best lap. Saved the highside with a bit of luck but ended up in the gravel.. thankfully kept it up right

661 - 680 of 714 Posts