CBR250 Forums banner
701 - 714 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Some crazy shit went down over the weekend. One of my buddies cartwheeled and wrecked his R6. And I saw on facebook some girl stalled on startline, only to get totally cleaned up by the LAST guy coming through. Both are alright though. Hope Adam aint too bad either.

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
I am still walking. Not a great end to the weekend. Bogged the start and got hit and brought down by a guy coming from a back row.. Too me down and I slid across the track till my mate ran over me as he had no where to go. When I get home I'll post the vid but it will be on fox and speedweek if anyone wants to see me get hammered.

I actually don't remember the incident so watching it on vid was pretty surreal. Hoping to be discharged today though.

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
As for injuries... Lots of soft tissue damage to lower back.. Fractured vertebrae though thankfully i just need to rest to let it heal. Concussion effects pretty much wore off. Biggest problems are from bruising and tissue damage. Home tonight though :)

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
Beemers are notoriously hard to race start. Oem clutch extremely grabby. I have an aftermarket clutch kit that helps but it's still tricky. I think the clutch springs are just very stiff to deal with bhp.
Long story short if you can't slip the clutch it grabs at trips tc cutting power. I've been nailing my starts all day but I was tired as this was the last race of the weekend and I think I just bogged it down.

The tool that first hit me to cause the crash is a loose cannon and went for a gap that wasn't there! Him and I will be having words when I mend. Half the field hates him. I was 2-3 secs a lap faster than him so there was little to gain by forcing the issue on the start. Would have passed him anyway..

701 - 714 of 714 Posts