CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering where you guys on L's put your rego labels. RTA says it needs to be adjacent to number plate but that's a bit hard when you've got an L plate underneath it so there's no room.. I've seen some people stick the rego label to the swingarm.. Is this legal?..

I really can't afford to lose my license so what's the safest way of mounting it?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Mine camps in the boot, which the pollice dont particularly like... It does need to be displayed.
I'm not 110% sure on where it must be placed on the bike, obviously in-sight, but on my 250 I had it attached to the H frame at the front of the bike. Never had a problem.
My mate had his attached to the swingarm as you specified and never had a problem either.
I assume as long as its on the bike and with-in easy sight, you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i've never heard it needs to be adjacent to the number plate before, where exactly did you hear that? rta website or worker?
seems stupid to me. i see no problem with having it on the swing arm or somewhere else its obvious and easy to read.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was told by a cop that the rule they worked on was that it had to be easy to find on the bike and didn't require them touching anything to see the entire label.

As long as they can find and read it most of them wouldn't do you for having it in the wrong place.
But in saying that you do get some shitcunts that just wanna get you for something.

had mine on the swingarm of my babyblade and never had an issue.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Hirsty said:
I was told by a cop that the rule they worked on was that it had to be easy to find on the bike and didn't require them touching anything to see the entire label.

As long as they can find and read it most of them wouldn't do you for having it in the wrong place.
But in saying that you do get some shitcunts that just wanna get you for something.

had mine on the swingarm of my babyblade and never had an issue.
I've been fed the same BS, its not true in Vic at least and I'd be surprised if it was anywhere... in vic it has to be visible from the left or rear... mine is in a rego tube on the bottom of my number plate, if they've got a problem with that then fuck them.

C

·
0 Posts
shane said:
ive laminated mine and cable tied it around the left hand front fork. this way if you bin it, you dont lose a holder and/or label.
I always use a square plastic holder on to one of the chain guard bolts.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Mine stays in a rego tube in the boot. I have beem questioned about it by police and i just always use the excuse that i had seen it looking loose earlier that day and removed it so it wouldnt come off while riding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
winston said:
shane said:
ive laminated mine and cable tied it around the left hand front fork. this way if you bin it, you dont lose a holder and/or label.

are those rego tubes legal?
Yeah they are. I use a rego tube attached to the bottom the number plate, but rather than having it facing forward to it pops out from under the plate, I attached it backwards so it's flush with the plate, then screwed my L plate to the bottom of the number plate. So basically the L plate covers the rego tube, but if you get on your knees (bitch) and have a look you can see it, albeit with some difficulty, but fuck it -it's there for the cops.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
mine stayd on the fridge, i never actually ever had it on me never had them look either...usually theye do a plate check anyway to see if you up to date...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts