CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to forum. I'm currently rebuilding from the ground up my mc19. Just in the parts ordering process after having stripped her down.
I've searched everywhere but can anyone give me exact details of where to buy and what to buy (shop, bike, year, part numbers) to do the 14 tooth front 53 rear conversion. Everything on site has been vague so far.
I'll start to post picks once some action happens.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
They have the exact same spline and bolt pattern to the sprockets, only difference between MC22 and MC19 stock standard is the 22 has a 52 tooth rear and the 19 has a 54.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So am I right in saying if I put a 52 on my mc19 I'll drop revs at a given speed? Reason I ask is I'm more interested in using my bike for cruising than getting to 100kmh in light speed. I can hear the gasps already. Is it worth changing sprockets to achieve this?
Sorry to hijack your thread johnboy.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Putting the 52 rear on will give you lower revs at the sane speed compared to a 54, not heaps though. 1 Tooth on the front is worth 2.7 on the rear, so 2 down on the rear is a fairly minor change. As far as I know there are no 428 pitch fronts you can change to other than standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts