CBR250 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 88 mc19 and I want it to end up just being a track bike when I get a bigger bike and I was wondering if it would be possible to put a nsr250 motor in it as it nearly has 80,000k's on it,

For the people who are going to say dont worry about cause it will cost to much I dont plan on sell it and its going to be a track bike so thats a money pit it set.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Much more capable track bikes for the same money.
That said, anything can be done with enough effort. Do you have access to machining tools?

You'll need to sort engine mounts, shift adjustment rods, manage the different offset of the front sprocket and rear sprocket, rear sprocket will have to be custom as it is a different pitch, you'll need to ensure the airbox fits under the current tank aswell as the carbs and fab custom items from carbon fibre or fibreglass if they don't.
Exhaust will likely need to be custom as mounts will be different and you'll need room for expansion chambers, you'll need to do a shitload of splicing or make a custom loom for all your electricals.
There will be loads more, that's just off the top of my head. Will be cheaper, faster and more fun to ride if you just buy an nsr. Nsr has much better suspension and was a more expensive bike with a better frame etc. Sure it's cool to have something different, but it'd still just be a ratty old bike with a different engine that handles and brakes marginally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I do access to the tools but its more having the time to do it then anything, cheers I was unsure what I would have to changed as im new to working on bikes, ive looked for a nsr250(complete bike) but pretty rare to come by I found, just thought putting a nsr250 motor would be quicker then most engines I could swap with. Cheers for the reply it helped alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts