CBR250 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an 88 cbr250r and ive been told I'm up for a rebuild. I was wondering if all the people saying I can use mc22 internals are right. Or alternatively can I put the mc22 engine into my mc19 frame! Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you look right and up from oil-filler, you'll see engine code.. It's says... ? "MC14" !!! Yup, basic same engine used since 1986 for over a decade with minor differences through years, such as cams, pistons, etc.

Look through https://www.cmsnl.com/ for differences in replacement parts.

Now, if you're not doing it yourself (cheap and fast, 1-weekend), and having someone else do it, costs may be prohibitive. Not to mention risk of poor rebuild by hack mechanics. Personally, I give mechanics build-sheets on anything I want done:
  • part#
  • procedures & order of operations
  • torque-specs
  • even which hand to hold which tools

Have had way, way too many bad experiences with mechanics. Even for simple things like oil-changes, they can find ways to mess up.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hey guys I have an 88 cbr250r and ive been told I'm up for a rebuild. I was wondering if all the people saying I can use mc22 internals are right. Or alternatively can I put the mc22 engine into my mc19 frame! Thanks in advance guys
I've gone better putting 19 engines into 22's, the 22's usually have done more miles, hard to get a low km engine. If you swap them, you need to swap that thing that the pickups read, on LHS, can't remember the name of it, 19 and 22 have dif number of fingers on it.

Reactions: Dannoxyz
1 - 4 of 4 Posts